iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

a tragic week

Started by red oaks lumber, July 28, 2013, 01:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red oaks lumber

last sunday morning found out that 4 of my 2 kids friends were in a very bad car accident, 2 of the friends were killed instantly and the other 2 were air lifted out. all 4 were ejected, so as of now they don't know who was driving.(my kids are 26 & 21)
we did alot of talking and asking questions, visited the crash site, all i suppose is part of the grieving process. went to the  visitation and funeral for both, very sad. saturday my kids seemed like maybe the healing process was starting.
my son got a call this morning,found out that another friend of my kids was killed in a car accident last night. so here we go again!
knowing all these kids since they all were little really makes their deaths very hard on all of us.
thanks for listening
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Sixacresand

Our prayers go out to the families and friends.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

It is so sad that we all see and know of young lives that are lost in such a tragic way.  I offer my condolences to the families and also to your kids because they are also grieving. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Very tragic indeed, so sorry for your family's loss, just an awful thing to have to deal with,  prayers are offered for you guys and their families as well,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Den Socling

Parent's worse nightmare.

WmFritz

Very sorry to hear about this horrible news. Our thoughts and prayers to your family and friends.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Steve, this is really awful. What a load I can imagine is on your kids right now.
Let 'em know me and the rest of us are praying for all.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

clww

An awful burden to have lost so many young friends so quickly. Prayers go out to their family and yours, both.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

Steve,

I am so sorry to hear this.  I know that it is a tough time for you and your kids.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill Gaiche

Sorry..............bg

beenthere

Very sad indeed.
Brings back way too many memories, including some very close calls of near tragedies for my parents and friends. 
As well, it brings up fears for our kids and grand kids in their late teen and early twenty years of just having some good times.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sandhills

So sorry to hear that Red Oaks, you all are in our thoughts and prayers.  Nothing ever prepares you for the loss of young lives let alone good friends, especially the ones you help raise and watched grow up, we will continue to keep all of you in our prayers.

timberlinetree

So sad.our thoughts and prayers going out to all of you.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

slider

al glenn

thecfarm

Yes,not a good week. I am sorry to hear about it all.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

red oaks lumber

thanks everyone.
the hardest part of this has been watching my son, listening.the accident with the 4 kids was a speed and acohol crash. the group of kids are some of the same ones my son use to drink hard and run hard with.
from age 17 my wife and i would just kringe every night he would go out, wondering was tonight the time?over the next few yrs. he got his second dwi at age 25.
from that second one he has turned his life around, been sober 15 months.the reality of how lucky he was is really hard for him deal with. like i told him, i donnt want to know all the close calls.
for those wondering, my wife dosen't drink and iv'e been sober for 27 yrs. so there wasn't any learned behavior at home.

moosehunter

This type of situation is what caused me to give up the rescue squad in our local fire dept. Seeing the children of families that I have know all my life taken away in a body bag was too much to handle. Hard enough to hear about it let alone be at the scene of the accident.
My heart goes out to you and the people involved.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

millwright

Make sure you give your kids a hug, you never know what tomorrow will bring.

doctorb

There's never any silver lining evident in such things.  I've seen this tragedy a lot, and it still deeply reaches me.  My thoughts for the families, your kids, and all who knew them.  Young men, alcohol, and speed are a terrible combination.  With all 4 ejected from the car I wonder if anybody had a seat belt fastened.  We relearn this lesson every day.  I am so sorry.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

customsawyer

Sorry for your loss. Give me a call if you need to talk.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Martha White Nelson

My prayers are with the families.
Martha

SwampDonkey

Yes tragic, and I hear it every summer. Just last weekend all 4 teenage occupants of a car were killed. I think they were driving in heavy rain.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

red oaks lumber

update..
today the driver of the car was determined to be the cars owner as well. he is charged with 2 counts of dui vehiclular homicide, and i count of dui causing injury.  if convicted he faces a total of 60 yrs.
the sad part of all this, nothing has changed. this same group and its large , keep the reckless partying and hell raising.

yukon cornelius

what a tragedy! so sorry to hear it!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Thank You Sponsors!