iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Survivor - Cagayan - 2014

Started by clww, February 26, 2014, 09:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clww

The newest installment of the CBS series "SURVIVOR" started tonight. The newest is "Survivor- Cagayan". They are "stranded" on an island in the Philippines. Three teams again, this one pits "Beauty" VS "Brains" VS "Brawn".
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

firecord

Some really hot girls on all teams. The "other life style guy" seams kind of funny an Cliff Robinson seams like an ordinary guy

clww

"The Brains" are not doing well. Started with 6 at the start and are soon to be 4. ::)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

okmulch

Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Mooseherder

If these contestants are a reflection of our society we are doomed.

Magicman

Not much brains.  It's crazy how a team can self destruct so quickly.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

I agree Lynn, the Brainy bunch is definately missing something!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ron Wenrich

Commons sense is not very common anymore ...  Mark Twain

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

WDH

I would not let the Nuclear Scientist do any more puzzles  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Cedarman

If you were stranded on that island which group would you not want to be with.  The brains look like they never got to play with other kids in the back yard and build forts.  :D :D  Have they never watched a survivor show?  Rule 1.  Never tell someone you have the immunity idol. (Always bring it with you too).  Rule 2.  Never tell someone you are voting them off. 
Another strategy.  When forced to pick the weakest member like they did at the beginning, say to the group that you are not picking the weakest, you are picking at random and hope the team will do their best to make it up if they have the chance.  Get the monkey off your back and put it on Jeff's back.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Cedarman

Quote from: WDH on February 27, 2014, 07:48:35 AM
I would not let the Nuclear Scientist do any more puzzles  :).
She is a puzzle.  Should have been boxed back up and sent packing.  Throw my food on the fire will you.  Can you imagine if that had been grits, not rice?

Raider Bill

I'd have liked to see David stay awhile and le tia or whatever her name chunked right off. Did you see the evil in her eyes?

I'm real glad the poker player muscle head got bumped with his idol.  Splain dat fool. :D

Next person on my hit list is the Jersey City Cop. Did I hear what he said correctly, he's building a secret listening post?  ::) Boys got small man complex big time.

I like the 8 foot b-ball player hope he stick around.

:new_year:

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Pullinchips

were still back on novembers episodes of last season. Our son was born in november and our DVR missed a few episodes so its a pain to watch online. NO spoiler on the season please
Resident Forester
US Army Corps of Engineers: Savannah District

Clemson Forestry Grad 2004
MFR Clemson University 2006
Stihl MS 390

Cedarman

Pullin' , you might want to put that DVR on overdrive and get caught up for this year.  'cause us addicts got to have our survivor.

goose63

I think all of those reality shows are a bunch of bologna
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Raider Bill

Quote from: goose63 on February 27, 2014, 03:53:37 PM

Let us believe this one is honest, factual and not staged.  :D ;) :)

Don't know if anyone watched "Warlocks Rising" on the history channel or not. It was only 4 episodes long about a local chapter of a national 1% motorcycle club. Anyway I'm friends with the main guy on the show. I'd say it was unbelievable how they do these shows but really it's scripted just like you think with exceptions as they go along. He made good $$$ doing it though.

But Survivor is unscripted and real ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Cedarman

I won't rain on your fantasies, if you won't rain on mine. :D :D

goose63

Quote from: Cedarman on February 27, 2014, 04:41:42 PM
I won't rain on your fantasies, if you won't rain on mine. :D :D
ok  ;D :)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

clww

[/quote]
But Survivor is unscripted and real ;D
[/quote]

Right....Just like Axe Men. :D :D :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Wrastling is real.  :D At least that what we think in the South.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

Roxie

This thread is for those who enjoy the show and want to discuss it with other members.  If you don't like the show or don't want to know the outcomes, please feel free to not follow along. 

It thrills me that this year, they haven't brought in any "old" players, and the players that they have look ready to rock and roll.  So far, I really like the lady that they voted off the first Brawn team, and she took the rice for the team rather than the idol. 

This looks like a better season.   8)
Say when

Chuck White

I agree Roxie, at least in the begining she believed in "team effort"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Yup, the lack of old players was the first thing that I was looking for and I was happy to see none.   I was also happy to see the redemption island distraction gone.  Lets just play.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cedarman

Yup, I've never liked having all old players.  I didn't mind one or two.  RI didn't work out too well.  Won't miss it either.
Did I hear that this is supposed to be the wettest one yet?

Thank You Sponsors!