iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Accuset questions on Woodmizer

Started by woodworker9, November 29, 2014, 09:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodworker9

Sadly enough, the previous owner of my mill has no honor.  I purchased the mill over a month ago, and before making the 6 hour drive, I was assured that the mill ran great...."Like New", and that he had all the books for the mill.  When I arrived, the mill wouldn't run (I fixed that problem already), and he had none of the books ready.  I really, really, REALLY wanted this mill, so I trusted him to send everything, as he couldn't find where he put them.  I FINALLY just received the manuals in the mail from the PO, 6 weeks later, and there's nothing in them at all about operating the Accuset controls.

I'm clueless.  I've learned a long time ago not to just mess around pushing buttons on computer-controlled devices.  If it isn't mechanical, I cannot fix it.  I have absolutely no idea how to work these controls.

I found a video on the WM website of our very own Bibbyman speaking about Accuset 2 controls, which is the newer version.  Will this video tell me what I need to know about operating the Accuset controls?  Or is it different enough to cause a problem?

I looked all over the internet and cannot find a operations video regarding the older version of Accuset.  My mill is a 2003.

Thanks for any help you provide in either directing me to a learning video, or if it isn't too much trouble, telling me how to use Accuset here.

Thanks a million.  Love this forum.

Jeff
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

flatrock58

Have you tried calling the closest Woodmizer store.  The woodmizer store near me in Georgia sent me the PDF of manuals I needed.
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

backwoods sawyer

I was in the same boat when I bought my mill traveled from Oregon to Pensilvaina to pick it up, mill in sad shape no manual.

Poking buttons answered most of my questions but finding the save button was elusive ::) no books to look thru :P turned out to be simply pushing the uper left button :)

When I upgraded to the Accuset 2 it was a seamless transition as the control panel is about the same.

Watch the video, call about a pdf and make sawdust.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

woodworker9

drobertson

Pushing buttons while you are in pattern, auto up/or down won't hurt anything.  the up down keys as backwoods mentioned are the toggle buttons for several functions,  just stay out of  advanced settings that control pid settings. these are factory set. As to the saw head drop and raise functions it just takes a little practice to remember the sequences.  Once you get it, you will love it.  I forgot to mention,  don't forget there are sixteen pattern sets for each function.  Each one toggles their respective bed set.  ex. #1 is also bed set #5,
#9 and #13. the other three, 2-4 work the same way, for whatever pattern mode you are in.  What this means is you can set a large variety of drops, patterns, and up moves to maximize the board recovery.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

terrifictimbersllc

Just don't drop the head when the band is over a log, board, or cant on the mill bed.  It is easy to do this if you do an "auto down" while still over the cant.

The whole weight of the head will set down on the band and if the outer guide roller doesn't break off of the mounting arm,the force will probably bend one or two of the 4  cam bolts that goes through the arm guide rollers.  I've done both-broken off the guide roller, and bent the cam bolts (all now fixed).  The learnin' continues!

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

customsawyer

Get a hold of WM and register the mill in your name and ask for any manuals you need. What mill do you have? I have 4 complete manuals for the LT70 if you need one I would be happy to send one to you if you pay shipping.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

drobertson

The manuals just don't give that much added help in the complete functions of the system in my view.. the manual will direct you through the basics, which covers adding the kerf setting, this is very important when using the programmed sets.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

woodworker9

Thanks again for all the replies and offers of assistance.  I appreciate it.

Marty from Woodmizer contacted me via email and has sent me the pdf file for the controls.  Terrific guy.

I have already registered the mill with WM, and have the manual for the mill.  Unfortunately, the manual for the Accuset controls was not present, but I have it now.

I still have let to cut my first log.  I've been busy with an addition to our home, and need to get all the siding on before too much more of the white stuff flies.  It's been unseasonably cold here in Chicagoland, as with everywhere else.

Cheers!

Thank You Sponsors!