iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This helps me a lot

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, September 13, 2015, 02:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm all the time losing washers that go on my 7/16" small bolts that hold the panels on my LT40.
I try to keep extra bolts in the tool drawer as I tend to bring one every now and again with the air wrench.

So during the football games, I sit and Super Glue the washers to the bolts. This stops the loss of washers.
This sure helps me during game time at the sawmill.  ;D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

goose63

Me I would just lose the bolt with the washer :D : ??? ;D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Larry

One of those magnetic parts pans from Harbor Freight are worth there weight in gold when doing maintenance on a sawmill.  Sometimes they even give them away with a coupon.

I hate to admit I buy anything from that place. :-[ :-[
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Magicman

The washer is "captured" on the WM bolts.   ;)

I suspect that the Superglue will pop loose the first time that those are tightened and the washer will still get lost when the bolt is removed.   :-\   Maybe little magnets on the Goat Toes would be an idea.   smiley_idea
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on September 13, 2015, 04:13:04 PM

But when you break one, you can not buy another captured washer on a bolt from Slowe's.  8)

tmarch

Easy fix, buy flange bolts, no more lost washers or fumbling to get them on with gloves when it gets chilly.
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

Glenn1

This looks like something you learned from Nascar, glueing the bolts to the tires.    ;D
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

Warped

I see todays yutes with big holes in their ears....maybe you could do that to carry spares? Be the most fashionable sawyer for miles......and a good size goat ear should carry at least a dozen backups... ;D

I do understand though, I'm very careful when I remove my blade guards......yet one washer crawled away.
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

terrifictimbersllc

WM sells those bolt washer combos cheap.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

AnthonyW

Quote from: Magicman on September 13, 2015, 04:13:04 PM

I suspect that the Superglue will pop loose the first time that those are tightened and the washer will still get lost when the bolt is removed.   :-\   Maybe little magnets on the Goat Toes would be an idea.   smiley_idea

How about JB weld?
'97 Wood-Mizer LT25 All Manual with 15HP Kohler

woodmills1

I bought the metal chop saw from harbor freight 3.5 Hp was 99 bucks (1.5 for 79) a no brainer, it cut all the metal for my new truck sides.  Can't imagine all those cuts with a sawsall, so its paid for itself already.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

clww

Quote from: tmarch on September 13, 2015, 05:16:42 PM
Easy fix, buy flange bolts, no more lost washers or fumbling to get them on with gloves when it gets chilly.
Exactly what I was thinking, too.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Sixacresand

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 13, 2015, 02:09:41 PM

So during the football games, I sit and Super Glue the washers to the bolts. This stops the loss of washers.
This sure helps me during game time at the sawmill.  ;D

I would have a problem keeping the chips and dip separate of the washers and glue.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: clww on September 14, 2015, 08:50:21 PM
Quote from: tmarch on September 13, 2015, 05:16:42 PM
Exactly what I was thinking, too.

Y'all trying to get my Goat......Y'all wasn't thinking about nothing.  :D

Brian C.

Let's see, I believe that it takes two hands to put those together, right? What do I do with the "soda pop"? You're watching football, right?

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on September 14, 2015, 02:46:49 PM
Yes, about 25 cents as I recall, and they're stainless.

David, you often have some very good ideas... ;)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on September 19, 2015, 08:51:28 AM
Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on September 14, 2015, 02:46:49 PM
Yes, about 25 cents as I recall, and they're stainless.

David, you often have some very good ideas... ;)

Plus shipping.  ;D

MartyParsons

Hello part number F05005-134. The washers will not come off and they are curved keep covers tight, I put never seize on them almost on every service. I keep looking out for the next guy, sometimes I am the next guy.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

barbender

I'm picturing the Goat with bolts, washers, and Doritos glued to his fingers while watching the game  ;D
Too many irons in the fire

bandmiller2

Locktited studs with wing nuts, no tools necessary. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Brucer

So how do you keep from losing the wing nuts ??? :D :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Magicman

I think that we are all "nuts".   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SPD748

Quote from: bandmiller2 on September 21, 2015, 05:47:52 AM
Locktited studs with wing nuts, no tools necessary. Frank C.

For this very application (wing nut on a stud), I've used Loctite 7649 primer followed by Loctite 271 thread locker with extreme success.

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

Thank You Sponsors!