iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blade guide movement

Started by millwright, September 16, 2011, 07:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millwright

I have an LT35 and I have about one sixteenth side to side movement in the blade guide arm when the blade is tensioned, and about one eighth to three sixteenths when the blade is relaxed. Is this normal or do I need to make an adjustment?

MotorSeven

I am missing something...what do you mean by "side to side"?

When my LT15 is tensioned I cannot move the blade at all...it is rock solid.
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

bseago

to take the slop out of the blade guide arm adjust both top bearings or both bottom bearings the bolt thru the bearings is welled off center . the adjustment in behind the band wheel. again only adjust the top or only adjust the bottom this keeps the guide arm going in and out straight.

millwright

The movement is in the round arm that moves the blade guide in and out. The manual says how to adjust and tighten, and says to not tighten to much or it will move hard. I guess what I am wondering is how much if any movement should there be between the rod and the adjusting bolts? Thanks for the replys.

bandmiller2

Usally on the movable band guide theirs a handnut you loosen to adjust then tighten to remove any slop or play.Any I've seen should not have movement wile the band is in motion. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

John S

I had that problem with my LT-15, Woodmizer told me to slightlly tighten the setscrews (the ones that you mentioned should not be over tightened). 
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

millwright

Thanks for the info, I tightened the two side setscrews and that seemed to help a lot.

Thank You Sponsors!