iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Woodworking Shop is Done - Photo Intensive !!!

Started by DR Buck, January 29, 2010, 11:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

I have been in countries where the presidential palace didn´t look that nice.

OneWithWood

Nice job, Dave.   8)

I just ordered the Wixey and now I have to dust off the shop expansion plans!

All kidding aside, you did a fine job converting the old garage for a higher purpose  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Daver

Beautiful shop... Boy I feel ashamed to call mine a shop... :-(
"Remember, amateurs made the ark, professionals built the Titanic."

IMERC

why not put the dust collection outside of the shop in it's own lean to style shed....

there...
a new excuse....

gotta revamp the DC unit....
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

DR Buck

Quote from: IMERC on February 06, 2010, 01:55:54 PM
why not put the dust collection outside of the shop in it's own lean to style shed....

there...
a new excuse....

Easy answer........1200 cfm of dust collector air going outside = 1200 cfm of my heat going outside.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

IMERC

Quote from: DR_Buck on February 06, 2010, 10:03:46 PM
Quote from: IMERC on February 06, 2010, 01:55:54 PM

there...
a new excuse....

Easy answer........1200 cfm of dust collector air going outside = 1200 cfm of my heat going outside.

vent the filtered exaust air back inside...
quiet is a good thing...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

ladylake

Quote from: pigman on January 30, 2010, 10:06:12 AM
That doesn't look like a woodworking shop. It looks like a new tools sales display. Put some sawdust on the floor and it will look like a working shop. ;D

About 2" of dust, that cushions your feet.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Payton34

Very nice shop. :)  It is so much easier working in a shop with room and organization.  I have my other half to thank for that.  He has taught me to clean up any mess I have before I start something new and to put everything back in its place! :D
We have a dust collector and it makes a big difference.  Enjoy your new shop :)

Ole CB

Very Very Very Very Very NICE...  only I didn't see a beer fridge!! Don't get after me..  the beer only comes out after the tools are put away.. or at least down!!

DR Buck

Quote from: Ole CB on February 18, 2010, 12:24:02 AM
Very Very Very Very Very NICE...  only I didn't see a beer fridge!! Don't get after me..  the beer only comes out after the tools are put away.. or at least down!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D   :D :D :D :D :D   :D :D :D :D :D :D

It's actually just inside the entry door going into the house from the shop.   ;D     And you are absolutely right......................"the beer only comes out after the tools are put away."     You'll never see a beer in the shop, especially when there's work to be done.  ;)

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

isawlogs

I think that floor is way too clotured with tools , ya got no more space in there to work , back the pick-up to those doors at the end of July , load all it can take , bring those to the piggy roast , we will help with disposal and get you some working space .  :P  ;D

Nice shop .  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Don_Papenburg

My Uncle Norm did not allow anyone in his shop with sodas either.  He told me them slobs would set the cans on his table saw or shaper and leave the condesate drip on his tables then he had to clean the rust up.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Warbird

Your uncle Norm spoke words of wisdom.  I had a rust ring on my bandsaw table from that very thing. 

Thank You Sponsors!