iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Putting the kid to work

Started by banksiana, April 21, 2011, 05:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banksiana

Easter school holiday, marking timber with my son.  On the job training!  He did well today, we marked about 12 acres.  From BA of 110 knocking it down to 30.  

WDH

Hopefully it was a good experience for him.  I only have daughters, but my oldest became a Forester too, and it is always fun to work with her.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

And then you can put Grandsons to work.   ;)

Well, below the neck anyway.   :)

Another day.

He has helped quite a few times.

Two more generations of tree farmers, and all with their "Forestry Stewardship" caps on.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Phorester

MAGICMAN; looks like ya got'em making culverts.   ;D

Magicman

I called that one an "empty load".   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tom

It really does my heart good to see the younger folks taking up the slack and learning something that they won't get just anywhere else.

Those are experiences that will got with them for the rest of their lives.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!