iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

c 6 tree farmer

Started by coxy, October 13, 2014, 07:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

don't know the year yet late 70s-80 I think but what did they have for a motor and how good were they  it looks like it has a can car winch          thanks for any info

RunningRoot

Dont hold me to this as I dont know if they where factory installed or not but when I was searching for my skidder I looked at a c6 ( was to big for me ) and it had a 4-53 Detroit.  But have heard alot of them had the 6 cylinder inline
deutz. 

Sorry I'm not of much help...
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

coxy

its to big for me also but for the right price ill have a good trade in on something smaller  ;D

RunningRoot

You've got yourself a good Idea there Coxy.
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

jwilly3879

Last one I saw was a 6 cylinder Deutz.

loggah

4-53 Detroit, or a F6L912 Deutz. the 1986 one i had ,had the Duetz engine in it,lots better then the Detroit i my opinion.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

tj240

c6 is over sized under powered go with a c 5 if you want a tree farmer. the c6 came with a 453 or a 6 duetze the duetze is a better motor stay away from the ones with a auto trans robs alot of power good luck
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

HiTech

I have seen a few C6 machines that would pull really good...on fairly dry ground. They had 18.4 x 34 tires and in my opinion they are to small for this machine. I have a feeling a wider tire would perform better and not cut in so much. The biggest one I ever saw was a C8...what a Monster. I remember seeing it come out of the woods and told my buddy there was a tractor trailer load of wood behind it. lol He told me more than a tractor trailer load. lol

Mark K

I have a C7D with the turbo charged deutz. Has the clark powershift.  Ive had it for quite a few years now. Been a real reliable machine. Definitely not underpowered. Whatever u hook to will come with ya or it'll spin trying.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!