iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lumbermate 2000 stall

Started by wfontjr, June 02, 2012, 09:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfontjr

My lumbermate 2000 on initial cuts tends to stall quite a bit. Is this normal, pushing too fast or is this a clutch issue? I have read quite a bit where some of the clutches have needed replacing due to this type issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

losttheplot

I found one of the self contained Tachometers from Ebay to be very helpful.

I found one that also functions as an Hour meter.

Make sure your getting Full RPM's at wide open throttle.
I reinforced the throttle lever, on the push bar, because the original one was flexing and not giving me full throttle. 

Having the tach showed me that I was often pushing too hard.

I was slowing the motor enough to cause the clutch to disengage and start slipping.
DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK !

Chuck White

I have that same tach on my Onan.

Works really good!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ironwood

Depends on the engine, mine has a slight hesitation as I throttle up, but then smooth cutting, it is 23 HP Briggs.

Ironwood 
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

ladylake

If it stalling while still cold let it warm up a bit more, being cold blooded is kinda normal now days thanks to everything being set lean for emmisions. On my 6 hp briggs I bored out the main jet a bit with a torch tip cleaner, that took care of the hesitation it had.  Also you could leave the choke partly on until warm.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

ely

stalling in the cut could be a clutch issue, rather is a clutch issue. if the clutch was grabbing properly it would stall the engine dead before it started slipping.
mine rusted up inside once from lack of use, i took it aprt and cleaned it out, worked great after that.

stalling the engine after the cut is a problem with the carb like was stated above. when mine warms upo a bit it does fine/.

wfontjr

i have the 23hp Vanguard, tach was ordered yesterday

cutterboy

wfontjr, I would suggest you call the people at Norwood. They would know if that is a common problem. They know their mills and the engines that go on them. They would be happy to help you.

I have a Lumbermate2000 also but I have never had that problem. I have a different engine on mine.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Nomad

I ran an LM2000 with the B&S 23 through a fair amount of wood.  Never once had it stall like you're talking about.  (I did put a tach on it within the first few hours and watched it closely.)  Worst the engine ever did was bark a bit when I cut the throttle.  Pretty much quit doing that after the first 50 hours or so, for whatever reason.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

moosehunter

My LM2000, now belongs to Ironwood, used to stall when I cut the throttle after a cut. I had a friend that is a small engine mech. stop by and make a few adjustments. Seemed to clear that up.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Thank You Sponsors!