iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Venting on a Logger

Started by just_sawing, July 08, 2012, 08:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

I am blessed to have my daughter, Son in Law and Grandson to help me retrieve a Bulldozer out of the woods. A logger made a deal with my elderly Neighbore to borrow a dozer. Val S Logging (Not the full name of the logger) left it 3/4 of a mile in the woods with a track off. It has been a real struggle to pull a dozer out through the woods and get it loaded. I rested on the roof of the dozer two or three times Thats the bottom side of the roof as we went over rocks. It is home with a rear end out stolen battery and Starter soliniold out.
If a logger even if he is a nice guy check them out or suffer. If he doesn't have a history there is a reason and you will lose.
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

Al_Smith

So tossed a track,tore the rear end out plus stole half the parts ?

I believe I'd have to track that guy down and have a word with him . >:(

Kansas

In our business, it doesn't take long to figure out who the good guys and the bad guys are. The ones that do things right and ethically, and the ones that will cut fences and steal trees, or leave tops in the creek, not pay the landowner. Same with log buyers. Most in both cases are decent. I have seen dead broke loggers do everything they can to make things right. I respect that, been dead broke before in my life. Then there are a few that are a different story.

And there is one certain log buyer from Missouri that if he ever shows up on my place, one of us is going to jail, and one going to the hospital. I think I know which one is going where.

beenthere

Not easy to understand just what all took place but the guilty likely won't end up paying for the apparent damage caused when dragging it out of the woods. Blame could start with the elder that loaned his equipment. Then the blame shifts to the logger that left it in the woods without a track. Then the blame could shift to those damaging it when dragging out of the woods.
Seems getting the track back on where it came off would avoid the rearend damage (possibly caused by dragging? ).

Now, who to vent on? ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

In S.C. we have a list of all the loggers in the state. Maybe Tenn. does too, you might wanna check. This will help you track the company down.....and file charges.

But I would get a report written up on this incident. TAKE PICTURES of the damage and document everything.

I have 2 old sayings:

1. when you go to court, the one with the most documentation wins.
2. YOU DON'T MESS WITH ELDERLY PEOPLE!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

just_sawing

He tore the rear end up removed the track to check took the track pins with him when he disapeared. I spent 4 days jacking and getting the track on before we went to get the dozer out.
Total time was ten work days by the time we got it on the trailer.
What frosted the cake was that my CT332 won't fit on my equipment trailer went to borrow a trailer from my elderly nieghboro and when I tracked it down the man that had borrowed it replaced 6 of the 8 tires with trash tires. My Nieghboro had to spen 750 dollars for tires before I could go get his dozer.
My hieghboro is one in a 1000 as being the best person to have in your life and their is a line that would like to enjoy personnel time with the individuals that took avantage with him.
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

beenthere

Now we know a bit more than before.
Good of you to help your neighbor. Enjoy what you can of your good deed.   
I'm sure he appreciated it, and won't make the mistake again.

;) ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!