iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BLT's, what makes them the best?

Started by drobertson, February 10, 2013, 02:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

I got a little board today, and love BLT's, just wondering how you folks like'em,  for us, half crunchy bacon, half chewy, toast and the fixin's

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

I like to use thick bread, not toasted,thick bacon,slab.I break-cut it up in small pieces too.I like to cook the bacon on a cookie sheet in the oven,450° kinda about 20 minutes. No need to turn it. put it in and forget for 20 minutes. I just had one the other day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Corley5

Not too crispy, not too chewy, hold the lettuce, soft whole wheat bread, American cheese and Hellman's Mayo.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Yoopersaw

Home made whole wheat bread from wheat that I ground toasted to perfection loaded with crisp bacon topped with home grown Beefsteak tomatoes and lettuce from the garden.  A little Mayo is acceptable.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

If it don't have DUKE'S MAYO on it......it ain't a Southern Thang.  food6
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Dukes what? That must be something like grits? Don't come this far North.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

If it ain't Blue Plate it ain't mayo and it ain't a sammich.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sprucebunny

Helleman's, please. And make it a BLOT or a BLAT  ;D

Onion or avocado.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

WH_Conley

As long as it has a good ripe home grown Tomato, everything else is incidental.
Bill

WDH

I agree with the BLOT!  Especially with sweet vidalia onions. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Blueplate?? I thought that was a special?

Jasperfield

Lightly toasted wheat loaf bread, juicy-ripe Striped German tomato, fried streaked meat, and about a half cup of JFG mayonnaise.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Weekend_Sawyer

Miracle whip, thank you. And lots of BACON!!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Wick

Poston you beat me to the Dukes Mayonaise. :D
Timber Harvester 30HT25

thecfarm

I just saw on the news a record breaking BLT,something like 300 feet long from IN,I think it was. I did not catch what type of mayo was used.  :D

thurlow

I think there's a whole reality show on Natgeo, tlc, history channel or some such about bacon;  since I tend not to watch "reality shows", I'll probably never see it.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Wick on February 11, 2013, 12:27:41 PM
Poston you beat me to the Dukes Mayonaise. :D

Some of these peoples just don't know what's good.  food6

WDH

And to think, some people don't even like grits  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

.....thank you for Jake and look after the people who don't like GRITS. Amen   :)

thecfarm

The grits that WDH mentioned I don't like,  but the GRITS that Poston mentioned I like.

sumday

Amen. Dukes and grits ( although usually not together )

DanG

I like my bacon thin and crispy.  The cheapest one in the store is usually best.  Thick white bread like Texas Toast, lightly toasted.  Big thick slice of homegrown tomato with a layer of bacon on each side with plenty of Mayo.  I can take the lettuce or leave it off, and mayo brand don't matter.  Third layer of bacon is allowable. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: DanG on February 13, 2013, 12:02:45 PM
I like my bacon thin and crispy.  The cheapest one in the store is usually best.  Thick white bread like Texas Toast, lightly toasted.  Big thick slice of homegrown tomato with a layer of bacon on each side with plenty of Mayo.  I can take the lettuce or leave it off, and mayo brand don't matter.  Third layer of bacon is allowable. ;D

Yes Sir...and that's the way DanG likes it.  :)

All that extra bacon does sound good!

Raider Bill

I think I'm going to have one today!  Bacon thick and a bit limp, white bread, mayo or miracle whip, tomato and like Dang, I can take or leave lettuce.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!