iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

All Wood Log Splitter Brand?

Started by DDobbs, February 13, 2014, 12:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDobbs

Anyone ever use any of the All Wood Log Splitter brand?
Looks to be  nice splitter.

Dave
EZ Boardwalk 40
Ez Boradwalk Jr.sold 11/7/2015
Stihl 650 Stihl 290

Ed

http://www.allwoodlogsplitters.com/

I considered their "Oak" series splitter as they are located about 1 1/2hs away from me. Watching the video, I didn't like the way the 4-way wedge worked, it depends on the next log to finish pushing it through the machine. The fact that one doesn't have to remove the 4-way, just lower it is nice.
The real killer was NO autocycle valve like the Timberwolf HAD. I say, had, as it's not offered anymore.

Ended up buying a Timberwolf TW-5 with autocycle, its an awesome machine, should've bought one years ago.

Ed

John Mc

By "Autocycle valve" are you talking about the detent that lets the cylinder retract by itself, then shut off, or are yo talking about one that works automatically (i.e. "hands off") on the splitting stroke as well?  If it was the latter, I can see why they discontinued it. They're probably worried about getting sued by someone who accidentally starts the cycle and loses a finger.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

thecfarm

I remember that web site. Could of been Ed that was looking and asked about them. I know a member asked about them.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed

Quote from: John Mc on February 13, 2014, 04:48:22 PM
By "Autocycle valve" are you talking about the detent that lets the cylinder retract by itself, then shut off, or are yo talking about one that works automatically (i.e. "hands off") on the splitting stroke as well?  If it was the latter, I can see why they discontinued it. They're probably worried about getting sued by someone who accidentally starts the cycle and loses a finger.

You hold the 2 levers to start the stroke and hold them until the wood starts to split, then let go and get another log. It finishes the stroke and retracts automatically.

cfarm, can't recall if it was me that asked before.....

Ed

r.man

I have always wanted autocycle on a splitter.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

blackfoot griz

Prince makes an autocycle valve.  I used one on the processor I built on the left. I mounted it under a shelf so I push instead of pull to get the cycle started.

As an FYI, they work by having slightly different settings on each relief valve ( don't recall the exact difference). Although the autocycle valve is listed at 3,000 psi, from the factory they are scaled back and preset at something like 2k psi and 1800 psi.  This can be increased and arguable should as it seems that most 2 stage splitter pumps run @ 3k psi

Ed

T-wolf used the Prince valve also.....I did have to "tweak" the adjustment on the extend valve just a little on mine. If you hit a tough spot slightly into the splitting cycle it would kick out.

Ed

John Mc

I've seen two-stage pumps rated at 3000 PSI, but just about every commercially made splitter I've seen comes with the relief valve set somewhere between 2000 and 2500 PSI.  (This range is for splitters. I have no idea what commercial processors are set at)
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

UpNorthMI

I was looking for a "commercial" grade log splitter and nearly purchased a Split-Fire, then I discovered the All Wood Log Splitters that were made right here in Michigan about 1 hour or so from my home. After reviewing their product range I ordered the Oak model.  The owner offered a local discount and agreed to supply with all fluids. The Oak unit comes standard with hydraulic log lift, hydraulic wedge lift, and a large log table. Honda engine, large pump and hydraulic tank. The unit has a proper on road torsion axle and tows real well at highway speed.

The functionality of this unit is great, I love the log lift, 4 way wedge lift and large log table. It really gets the work done and has handled anything I have thrown at it. It is American built with mainly US produced components. Everyone that has seen this unit has commented on the build quality and the fact that it is a beast. The owner was great to deal with and offered any future support that I may need. Looking forward to slightly cooler weather where I can put this splitter through many days of ongoing work.

WoodMaxx MX-9900 Chipper
Stihl FS 460 Brush Cutter
All Wood Log Splitter - Oak Model
Stihl MS 461 25" Chain Saw
Stihl MS 211 16" Chain Saw
320 Acres of Trees in Michigan

hedgerow

That's a nice looking splitter. Is it running a four or five inch dia cylinder. Looking forward to the wright up after you have used it a while.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Stackemup

:new_year:
I think I have that same splitter  different color. Bought it for a dance and a song with 5 hours on it!!! Absolutely 
love the thing. I split some big Siberian elm on it works beautiful. Got a big piston have t measured it but looks like 4". Here's a pic

thecfarm

Looks like the same decal.
Nice way to load those big ones. I have to tip mine up and try to push the big ones in close with the bucket. Sometimes it's just a quick to saw them big ones into quarters first. ;D

Stackemup

:D :D
Yea that's the idea split item into manageable pieces, I split right into dump trailer bring it to stacking spot, tilt  up trailer with doors closed and stack wood without bending down to pick em up. They just keep sliding down as you unload. 

There's not a lot of allwood splitters online to look at thought I'd throw out a few more pics... def high end like timberwolf, iron and oak... I looked at all those before pulling trigger on this one. 

John Mc

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Stackmeup.

Nice splitter. How long have you owned it?

When you get the chance, consider filling out your forum profile so we know where you are from.

Stackemup

Im in Merrimack NH not far from Manchester. I got this splitter maybe 2 months ago and have about 4 cords on it. Love the thing but considering a processor in the future. Theres a huge advantage over the regular splitters that have only the splitting option and no lift table or hydraulic 4 way. Still though when splitting a lot i think a processor that cuts and splits at same time is the way to go..

Thank You Sponsors!