iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Huricane Florence

Started by Lawg Dawg, September 07, 2018, 08:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawg Dawg

My inlaws have 2 homes on Ocean Isle Beach, NC, and are full time residents...they are moving just across the ICWW to some friends house to "ride it out"  ::)...my Wife is freaking out about that.  But I said...we got too much to worry about here, I dont have time to worry about stupid people :D (harsh, but the truth).  Their excuse is, it takes too long to get back on the island after the storm... ::)  Not going to matter much with 20' to 30' storm surge, and 130 mph winds.  The governor of NC said today this is going to be a historic storm of catastrofic proportions...he also said the ones that stay are the ones you read about in the papers after its all said and done...I just don't get it ::)
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Southside

Took this yesterday early afternoon 

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Took this yesterday????

I can see you took it all!  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Lawg Dawg

Quote from: Southside logger on September 11, 2018, 09:29:59 PM
Took this yesterday early afternoon

Was that the toilet paper rack?  :o  :D
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

DelawhereJoe

Standard storm supply list....bread, milk eggs and toilet paper.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Southside

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on September 11, 2018, 10:13:46 PMI can see you took it all!

Look in the second rack in the middle - I left you a loaf!!!  
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Southside

Quote from: DelawhereJoe on September 11, 2018, 10:20:55 PM
Don't forget the bottled water, Gatorade, a generator battery, and for those who don't yet have one a generator!!!  Walking by the egg coolers I was pretty amazed.  Not sure why folks suddenly need to eat so many eggs!!  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Lawg Dawg

Quote from: Southside logger on September 11, 2018, 10:29:41 PM
Quote from: DelawhereJoe on September 11, 2018, 10:20:55 PM
Don't forget the bottled water, Gatorade, a generator battery, and for those who don't yet have one a generator!!!  Walking by the egg coolers I was pretty amazed.  Not sure why folks suddenly need to eat so many eggs!!  
I eat at least 4 eggs a day...low carb, high protein. Gatorade is not as healthy as you think, opt for the water

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Southside

Yes - but you don't suddenly eat 36 just because of a storm.  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Lawg Dawg

Quote from: Southside logger on September 11, 2018, 10:27:25 PM
Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on September 11, 2018, 10:13:46 PMI can see you took it all!

Look in the second rack in the middle - I left you a loaf!!!  
Probably smushed, left overs, wouldnt have it...matter of fact, I went on a low carb diet about a month ago...dont eat bread no mo...dropped 20 lbs

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Lawg Dawg

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on September 11, 2018, 05:19:30 PM
I can remember Hugo. Where I live Hugo was not suppose affect us. But little did we know that spin off tornadoes would be devastating.

Florence is set to do the same thing from predictions.

As far as our sheds go, our faith is in the Lord and the Builder.  ;D
We worked today moving things one wouldn't even thinking about.

My Dad sells Gourds and has a pile of them....we got them in the shed.
Even though my mill is under a shed with 2 open sides, I'll put a piece of plywood against the radiator and cover and tie down a cover over the engine.
Chairs on my deck at the mill will be put up.
The fridge I have setting at the mill will go in the block building.
Setting backhoe buckets on top of stacked lumber.
Today we cleaned culverts out and I took the dozer and build some water bars.
I know I'll forget something but we're trying.
Hope you dont have any problems over there with this storm...if you need some help, I'm here for you, just give me a ring!  Good luck!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Lawg Dawg

Quote from: Southside logger on September 11, 2018, 10:38:45 PM
Yes - but you don't suddenly eat 36 just because of a storm.  
You never know... :)  eggs could mean life or death in emergency situations :D

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

kelLOGg

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on September 11, 2018, 10:13:46 PM
Took this yesterday????

I can see you took it all!  :D :D :D
I needed that laugh :D
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

kelLOGg

All of my equipment is now out of reach (hopefully) of trees. I'll add the truck later. The sawhead is strapped to the trailer and tractor arch.

DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

WV Sawmiller

Before you evacuate remember the old trick to freeze a cup of water and put a coin or washer on top. If you get back and the coin is still on top the power has not been off long enough to melt anything and food in the freezer is good. If it is on the bottom the power was off and everything thawed then re-froze and food likely no good and unsafe to eat. If in the middle the power was off and things partially thawed but may still be okay.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Many plans and schedules are disrupted by such storms but they are unimportant compared to the tragedies that usually accompany these forces of nature.

OK, back to the storm, hang tight my friends and my prayers are with you all.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DanG

Quote from: Magicman on September 12, 2018, 08:12:41 AM

OK, back to the storm, hang tight my friends and my prayers are with you all.
Prayers from here too. Now if you are within 50 miles of the Carolina coast, I strongly suggest that you hang tight to something that is headed west, and do it very soon!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SawyerTed

Looks like a wobble to the west or south may occur.  That means SE NC and SC will get more impact especially if it stalls.

We may be spared here from the worst.   
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

DanG

Folks on the north side of the storm will get the worst of it. Don't let your guard down!!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

mike_belben

I dont know that its much help this far west but i can probably fit 4 to 6 trucks and campers here in my yard, crossville TN, I-40 exit 311.  Its pretty likely that motels, truckstops and campgrounds will be full for a state or two in every direction.  And those that arent will be charging like its 4th of july weekend.

931-tew ate seven 4526.  If youre in a bind call whenever.  I dont sleep much. 

Praise The Lord

Southside

That is very generous of you Mike.  My wife has a co-worker who had to travel to Tennessee for work this week, yesterday he was trying to find a room in Knoxville and there were none to be found, evacuees had everything booked up, said there were campers in all the parking lots too.  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

DelawhereJoe

Did you remember to chock all the wheels so the wind doesn't push those things like a sail boat ?
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

kelLOGg

They are chocked on the down side. Thanks for the reminder; wind can blow uphill, too so I will add more  ;)
Bob

Magicman

The Atlantic Ocean is scary....

With 4 spinning at the same time!  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

firefighter ontheside

The Fema Rescue Task Force that I'm part of has been assigned to  Brunswick County in NC.  Apparently that is on the north side of the landfall.  I didn't make the roster this time due to our monthly rotation.  My teammates will be in the area to help when needed though. 
Missouri Task Force 1.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!