iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logosol M7 Pictures Attached

Started by alabama, February 08, 2017, 04:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alabama

I've found a used Logosol M7 for sale a couple hours from me. I'm trying to get some insight on what a used M7 should go for? It has some rust, looks like the string cables need to be replaced and I would consider it in fair to good condition.

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.

WV Sawmiller

Did you see it in action? I'd ask the guy to saw a log or two before I made a decision.

Have you called the Logosol people and asked them for their opinion? I'd ask the manufacturer of any mill I was interested in. If nothing else they may give you a quick checklist of common issues to look for.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

richhiway

looks good. Make sure nothing is bent. That's just a length of paracord for the hand winch. I paid $1,100.00 for mine when I bought it used. The only wearing parts are the nylon blocks that the saw mount and the log bunks ride on. They are inexpensive and easily replaces.
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

mobile sawmill services

go online to the logosol site and download a copy of the manual, it will be a great help. visually check nothing is bent or twisted, that the lifting beams go up and down freely, check the saw caraige for splits or cracks, and the condition of the plastic sliders( easily replaceable), these are very robust mills and every piece is replacable, if the price is right ..grab it, maybe not as fast as a band mill, but a lot more versitile and portable,  it is well capable of producing quality timberat a reasonable board foot cost, and doesnt do in your back like an alaskan..lol
good luck and happy shoping

alabama

I appreciate the help. I might just purchase new. By any chance has anyone heard anything good about the Norwood Chainsaw Mill? Everything I see if for the M8 and M7 versions. My MS661 arrived today and I'm ready to rock on. ;)

Darrel

I read somewhere that logosol was making CSM's for Norwood.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

alabama

That is very interesting. The Norwood chainsaw mill is far less in cost. I'd love to hear from someone that owns or who has ran one. But if Logosol is building their mill that is very interesting to me considering they are competitors?

ToddsPoint

I paid $1200 for my M7 used.  The M7 is now discontinued in favor of the M8.  A cheaper version of the M8 called the Farm Mill is now available.  Similar to M7 but no anodized aluminum.
I really like my M7.  I've used it for 4 or 5 yrs.  It definitely helps you if your back is messed up like mine.  I cringe when I see someone bent over running an Alaskan. I run a Stihl 660 with a 28" bar.  Gary
Logosol M7, Stihl 660 and 290, Kubota L3901.

Ron Wenrich

I looked at the Norwood mill, but it it too much for what you get.  I have looked at an outfit called Panther Chainsaw Mills.  They seem to be a better mill with more support for the saw.  They come in varying sizes and prices.  The better ones have a push bar like the Norwood and they operate like a slabbing mill.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

alabama

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on February 08, 2017, 06:40:05 PM
  Did you see it in action? I'd ask the guy to saw a log or two before I made a decision.

Have you called the Logosol people and asked them for their opinion? I'd ask the manufacturer of any mill I was interested in. If nothing else they may give you a quick checklist of common issues to look for.

I didn't see it in action. He lives a couple hours from me. I'm going to just purchase a new one and just need to decide on which one. I don't want to break my back so I'm looking at the M8 Farm version. This isn't set in stone. Just debating on which one to go with.

mobile sawmill services

the farmers mill is a great starting point. designed for the guy not making his living milling timber, and when you like it and want to expand, logosols modular system allows you to expand the mill to your needs( the longest 2x4 was cut on  an M7 setup.....45m long!!!) you've already got the 661, the only aditional part I wuold recomend for the farmers mill is the saw cradle from the M7/M8 as it makes it a bit easier to winch rather than push the saw down the beam

have fun

Thank You Sponsors!