iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Getting the most from my stove

Started by Qweaver, February 10, 2012, 10:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I know that pellets stoves are pretty efficient but there is still a fair amount of heat going out of the flue pipe.  A heat exchanger in the pipe should glean some of this lost heat.  I've tried searching the web for such a device but don't find any.  I'm sure I could build one but I'd rather buy one.  I don't need another project.  Does anyone know where to find one?

Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

downeast

There are a few so-called "heat exchangers" on the market for flues; they don't do much.
You really don't want to decrease the flue heat: it needs that heat for draft and stove efficiency even for pellets.
The simple ( K.I.S.S. ) solution is an inexpensive damper in the pipe near the stove if you're set on decreasing the draft.

JMNSHEO

Corley5

We had Magic Heat units in our pipes when I was a kid.  Grandma had one longer but one day her insurance company came around, saw it and made her take it out or they would cancel her policy.  They worked good put would plug with creosote fairly quickly.  I think they're still made.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!