iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"woodmizer" for sale

Started by rmack, July 01, 2012, 08:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4speed

Craigslist ads are always good for a laugh. I can't count the number of "Factory Boss 302" ::) engines I've seen advertised in Mustang/Falcons. It's odd how the pictures show a car that originally came with a 6 cylinder that now has a two barrel 302 from an '83 passenger van in it. Oh well, it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round... 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I keep looking and looking at this mill. I'm not so sure this is a WOODMIZER.   smiley_confused
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Buck

Awe Dave, they're gonna have to get going pretty early to get past your keen ole eyes huh.... ;)
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

customsawyer

I was trying to find the contact info for this mill. ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on July 02, 2012, 07:28:24 PM
I was trying to find the contact info for this mill. ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Has the HEAT got to you?  :D

redbeard

I would like to know some more about the power plant. I do know its not a Timberking i dont see any red paint. :D
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

snowshoveler

The power plant is a mid 70s Tecumseh. It's ohv cast iron engine.
Could be from 12 to 18 horsepower.
Electronic ignition that was a bit ahead of its time.
Alloy head that could cause valve seat problems if overheated..ie grass and chaffe buildup when mowing in a lawn tractor.
Parts are next to imposible unless you stashed a few under your bench (I did )
Pretty easy to work on and reliable when used within their limitations.
Not up to the K series Kohlers in torque but pretty good.
Perhaps almost equal to an iron Briggs of the same era.
Any other questions just ask. These engines made me a living.
Regards Chris

International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

4speed

Ok. I just couldn't help myself. I emailed the poster and asked "what model Woodmizer is that and do you have tires and wheels for it?" Patiently awaiting a reply.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Bill Gaiche

rwthom279, if you look in the background in one of the photos you will see I believe a tandem axle set. Maybe thats what goes under it. bg

crosscut

yeah yall  just laugh away that mill is loaded with options i see fine adjust outriggers on it my 2005 model doesnt have them on it :D

Kansas

Well remember, the person who buys it has to register  it with Woodmizer to get parts for it. How I would love to be listening in to that conversation when someone calls in.

4speed

Well, he answered:
"Don't know the model, but it is mounted on a trailor ready to go with tires. It has an almost new 23 HP engine
Please call me if more questions at..."
That's almost worth a road trip to check it out!
Darren

Thank You Sponsors!