iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

440b winch

Started by OldTimbercutter, March 22, 2015, 04:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldTimbercutter

Does anyone know where I can find an aftermarket winch control cable for a 440b skidder ?  Thanks
deere 440b
clark f66
loyal dog
stihls 440,460, 066
pretty wife who likes to cook
prentice loaders
A few huskys and a dolmar
Life is good

thenorthman

Last I checked Deere still had the factory version available? Wasn't too terribly expensive.

Barring that s/b able to fab one up using aircraft cable and fittings off sail boats, as long as the sleeve is in decent shape, or rob the parts off an old cable clutch... say from a VW or Volvo?
well that didn't work

tj240

if it is a push pull cable go to a snow plow supplier. half the price, just need the lenght.
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

Maine logger88

Harrolds logging in Hermon Maine would probably have them. Or maybe comstock
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

North River Energy

Another generic cable option is a marine supply house (outboard motor throttle/shift controls). Variety of lengths and end configurations.
http://www.westmarine.com/engine-control-systems

OldTimbercutter

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the information .
deere 440b
clark f66
loyal dog
stihls 440,460, 066
pretty wife who likes to cook
prentice loaders
A few huskys and a dolmar
Life is good

coxy

the last one I got from deere was 240bucks  :o  5years ago   I took a reverser cable from a 350 dozer and made it work  ;D you have to watch there is no adjustment with other cables

so il logger

If you have any large scale machine shop's local you might check with them. I have had them made by a machine shop, they have all the materials on hand and just duplicate the original cable. Although this shop in particular does allot of work for oil field outfit's and they custom build cable's for rig's and pump jack's, that may be why they have the materials. Cable for my deere winch was less than half of dealer cost and I watched them make it up.

Thank You Sponsors!