iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new neighbors

Started by coxy, May 09, 2018, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

errrr  for 8 months they have been coming up looking at the place iv talked to them asked if we where still allowed to ride the 4 wheelers if they got it said no problem well Friday they took owner ship of it talked to them Friday everything was good Saturday i was working they came down and TOLD MY 11 YEAR OLD TO TELL ME TO STAY OFF THE PROPRETY  that pithed me off don't tell my kids tell me >:( >:( >:( >:( had a short talk with him on the phone but didn't say anything about him saying anything to my kid figured ill say it to him face to face my old neighbor never had his shed or his house locked for 33 years and no trouble i live 200 ft from the front door this jack    has trail cams up and down the road big signs saying these premises under 24h surveillance i can tell this guy is going to be a fun  ss bag to deal with  :D  my old neighbor said he also thought everything was going to remain the same and has apologized a few times for the way it turned out  the only thing i can say is this  ss is going to need me for something way before i need him i don't need his land to ride on it just an in convince now to get to my hunting camp land a mile down the road now i have to go on the main road  i think I'm going to put up a 16ft high fence if he wants it to be like his home in Brooklyn ill let him look at a fence 30ft from his front door and thinking about a nice bright pink or purple paint to put on it  what do you think   

Crusarius

Check the laws first. as much as I am for torturing bad neighbors the law always seems to come to bite you in the butte. 

There is probably some dumb obscure law somewhere that will give him the ability to sue you. worst of all he will probably win.

Its like the burglar that was breaking into someones home through a second story window. He apparently didn't see the skylight and fell through it. Then sued the landowner for a very large sum of money. He won :(

Stoneyacrefarm

Coxy,
I say sit tight. You are correct in thinking he will need you first. 
They are just trying to see what they can get away with. 
My bet is things will work out.
I had an old neighbor just like that. 
Soon they will come to terms with who they really are and where they are.  :-X
Work hard. Be rewarded.

SawyerTed

Live and let live.  They will want something probably sooner than later.....you can decide whether or not to show them what good neighbors are like.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Ed

Property east & to the back of ours sold last year......it's now refered to as the "Refugee camp".

They aren't real concerned with zoning laws....I can see the big orange tags from the back door of the shop.

Going to get more interesting than it already has....

Ed

Logger RK

I have seen a new guy buy 10 acres of cut off land & put up a house & keep out signs every 50 feet. Then put up deerstands almost as close over looking the field bordering his land. Then feel the need to check out other people's  land on his wheeler. But usually a good conversation changes that behavior.

Ricker

Been there.  A less than cordial conversation lets them know where the line is drawn.  Guy asks if I know anybody to do some earthwork, told him nope. He pushes the issue so I had to tell him that I don't refer idiots to any friend of mines business.  He was only around 4-5 years before he moved on.

Runningalucas

Quote from: Ricker on May 13, 2018, 09:31:40 AM
Been there.  A less than cordial conversation lets them know where the line is drawn.  Guy asks if I know anybody to do some earthwork, told him nope. He pushes the issue so I had to tell him that I don't refer idiots to any friend of mines business.  He was only around 4-5 years before he moved on.
This has been what I've experienced, those types that do the sort of stuff laid out in this thread, usually don't last too long.  All over my area, they come in, act like they're super spies, or is it super felons on the run, they close down roads that don't belong to them, and more.
I don't know if it's the hate, anger, or fear that finally gets them, but they never last too long; maybe it's a heart attack...
There are a lot of smart folks that usually go get the legal description of the property for easements, or law, then call the sheriff, and hash it out from there.  Just time consuming, and not worth it if you ask me.
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

mike_belben

Love your enemy.  Itll keep you busy atleast
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!