iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood Mizer push through edger

Started by cptbob06, December 25, 2008, 09:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cptbob06

A friend of mine came up with a Wood Mizer edger that runs off a 8 hp. engine. It appears to be a manual push through edger with a single moveable fence. The infeed and outfeed tables are about four feet long and the whole unit is on casters. I have not seen anything like this before and would like some info about it and what it might be worth. Everything looks like it is in good condition and was stored indoors. He is trying to sell it. I thought it might be of some use to someone with a small moulder.

sparks

Sounds like one of our old Peg11 or Peg 13 edgers. The Peg 11 had an 11hp motor and the Peg 13 had a 13hp motor. Here is a spec sheet on the Peg 11 and what it looked like for those interested.  Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

bandmiller2

Sparks,kinda of  a glorified tablesaw how do they work? would they be a good tool to find or build or better to move on to power feed.Thanks Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

cptbob06

Thanks for the information on the edger. It is the 11 hp. model. I tried to start it the other day but couldn't get it to fire. It isn't mine so I didn't want to mess with it to much. Does anyone know how well they work?

MikeON

I use the 11HP version, as recently as yesterday edging 4/4 red oak.  Not a high production machine, but beats edging in the mill.  Also good for making stickers and battens.  I put roller tables at both the infeed and outfeed ends.  The infeed roller table has markings in line with the blade, to help make an accurate first cut.
The following improvements are planned for this winter:
1. Longer infeed fence, reaching to just past the blade, and adjustable to make parallel to blade.
2. Fuel tank will be moved to a more accessible location.
3. Better locking system for board width adjustment.  It won't stay in adjustment as is.

Woodmizer LT40HD Super.  WM Single Blade Edger,  John Deere 4310 tractor, M35A2C Deuce and a Half truck

Thank You Sponsors!