iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Meatloaf

Started by 21incher, April 19, 2018, 08:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

This  cold weather is getting to me and I needed some confort food so I made a couple meatloaf. The sandwiches from leftovers were just as good. This is how I make them. digin_2 digin_2 digin_2
Simple Meatloaf - YouTube
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

Thank You for taking the time to make and share your Meatloaf.  Looks Delish.  food3
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roxie

It looks so good!  Meatloaf is one of my favorites, and it's always better the second day.  It's wonderful to see a husband and wife team up in the kitchen.  :)
Say when

luvmexfood

I made one, wrapped it up tight in foil and cooked it in the instant pot on the rack. Best I ever had. So moist and tender.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

21incher

They were great. So simple to make.
Quote from: Roxie on April 20, 2018, 05:20:23 AM
It looks so good!  Meatloaf is one of my favorites, and it's always better the second day.  It's wonderful to see a husband and wife team up in the kitchen.  :)

The  meatloaf sandwiches were great. It would have been baconless if I left it all to my wife. ;D She used to kick me out of the kitchen but now has some conditions that make it hard to perform certain tasks. Plus she teaches me a lot.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WDH

Hard to beat a meatloaf sandwich with onion and tomato.  Mmm.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

Quote from: WDH on April 20, 2018, 07:14:43 AM
Hard to beat a meatloaf sandwich with onion and tomato.  Mmm.

On good rye bread, Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Ljohnsaw

That looks great.  Never heard of adding veggies to the mix.  Growing up in a large family, our meatloaf was the 4 cent ground beef and the heals of a few loaves of bread, egg and a little milk (for the bread).

I make mine now with ground turkey, ketchup, dehydrated chopped onion and a bunch of Italian bread crumbs.  If I remember, a little salt and pepper.  Never though of cooking potatoes in with the loaf - I'll have to try that.  I usually make mashed potatoes and I put my peas on top of them.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Texas Ranger on April 20, 2018, 12:08:51 PM
Quote from: WDH on April 20, 2018, 07:14:43 AM
Hard to beat a meatloaf sandwich with onion and tomato.  Mmm.

On good rye bread, Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
The best is LEFT OVER, the next day samiches. YUM!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

coxy

i put meatloaf in the category with GRITS steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley ;D 

WDH

Coxy, you got some issues :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

21incher

Coxy, did you have a bad experience with a meatloaf when you were young? ???
I thought you were a meat and potatoes man. ;D

coxy

that's not meat that's dog food  :D

thecfarm

Oh my,oh my. meatloaf and 
grits in the same sentence.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

:D :D :D coxy, your mama didn't bring you up right. A good meatloaf is the stuff of legends. I never much cared for mom's but Karen made one I could have lived on. I don't know what she did but man, was it good especially in a sandwich.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on April 21, 2018, 01:12:23 PM
Oh my,oh my. meatloaf and
grits in the same sentence.
......But I'll bet you own every album MEATLOAF ever recorded.  smiley_singsongnote02 smiley_guitarist smiley_trap_drummer smiley_singsongnote01
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Just the older ones. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!