iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sticker house - rainy weather project

Started by btulloh, June 15, 2018, 12:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btulloh

Used the recent stretch of bad weather to do some inside things.  Built this sticker house out of a bunch of odds and ends and shorts.  Good way to clean up some odd lumber and end up with a place to keep stickers.  On skids so it's easy to move around.

(Jeff, I sure do like the new way to post photos.  Much quicker.  :))
HM126

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

DPatton

TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

redbeard

Nice sticker shack, they are very handy we built one similar few years back. Thinking maybe another one might be in future, you can never have enough drying sticks.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

DPatton

Just when you think you have enuf cut 500% more stack em and dry em. You will run out sooner than you think!
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

chevytrucking

Love it! I'm new to sawmilling and I've been sort of cussing the surprising amount of stickers I need and how to store them. Cool idea!
Self Made Knives on Facebook and Instagram
Youtube channel is www.youtube.com/c/SelfMadeProject

jbjbuild

Great idea! I need to make something like this. Right now I have stickers laying in piles all over the place.
Woodmizer LT35HD, John Deere 790, Logrite Cant Hook

teakwood

yeah me too. Nice work, i need one too!
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Just Right

That looks great.  Thanks for the idea.  I will be using it.
If you are enjoying what you are doing,  is it still work?

fishfighter

When I built mine, that was one of the top improvements around the mill. ;D

Oh course I have a top on it now. :D Even filled it up picking up a ton of sticks that were piled up everywhere. :D

Forgot. When I stack lumber, I store it on 8x16 cinder blocks. I try to keep my stacks around 20"-24" wide for faster air drying time and stacks I am able to move with my tractor. So my stickers are only 24" long.

Thank You Sponsors!