iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please Help! Unknown Milled Trees

Started by the_hobbyist, September 23, 2018, 07:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_hobbyist

Hello all, I was hoping you could help me identify some trees. My friend and I are milling dead trees from his property. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to identify what type of wood we've got. Our thought is oak, due to the similarity of what we think is a standing dead oak tree that has similar bark right next to the trees we downed. Obviously we also don't have leaves to use for identification either. Is there any chance you could help me out?

GAB

The first and last pictures I vote Ash.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Southside

Yup it's all ash - my guess is EAB killed.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

the_hobbyist

Thanks for the replies! My wife looked at some other pictures we took and identified surrounding trees as Ash, and I thought that the bark looked closer to Ash than anything else I'd seen, but my friend had been told he doesn't have any Ash on his property. Looks like he was misinformed. Thanks again for the help!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ron Scott

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!