iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Superbowl LIII--Who Wins?

Started by Pulphook, January 30, 2019, 09:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulphook

It's that time again. Since we're here, the only choice is the New England Patriots.
How many of you know what a "Gronk" is ?
No one can honestly be for a L.A. team ...or can you be for a team that won by a missed ref call ?
We have an "L.A." here in Maine ---Leiwiston-Auburn west of Portland. No NFL team yet.
Two wood stoves ( Jotul Rangely ,Jotul Oslo ) heating 99 44/100%
24/7. No central heat. 6-8 cords firewood from the woodlot /year. Low low tech: ATV with trailer, 3 saws, 2 electric splitters, a worn pulphook, peavy, climbing line for skidding, Fiskars 27, an old back getting older.

petefrom bearswamp

Questionable call on the Brady roughing the passer too.
Dont have a dog in the fight my Giants have stunk for years now. 
Certainly not counting Brady out.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

gspren

I don't like either team so have to hope for good commercials.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Raider Bill

This is my 3rd year not watching the NFL.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Southside

I am assuming that is this weekend? No interest in supporting folks who behave the way they do. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

LaneC

That Saints game is the only game I have watched all year. Now I remember why I do not watch football. I hope the Patriots win. At least they have a good team name. I will not be watching the game.
Man makes plans and God smiles

goose63

I will not watch a bunch of over payed scrwe balls that act the way thy do  ;D  :D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

barbender

Goose, you must have polar vortex affected fingers!😁
Too many irons in the fire

Kwill

I was just so glad the chiefs got beat. Cant stand them. Its all they talk about around here they win the first game of the season and every year its " they're going to the super bowl" 
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

Raider Bill

Quote from: Kwill on January 30, 2019, 12:58:12 PM
I was just so glad the chiefs got beat. Cant stand them. Its all they talk about around here they win the first game of the season and every year its " they're going to the super bowl"

Heck that's just about anyplace, even Cleveland.

Pulphook

Why thank you...thank you very much ( E. Presley). Didn't know there were many football grinches around. :o
Bob Kraft, Patriots owner,  is one of the few generous philanthropists around for med care in New England.
I'm not biased, I'm not biased, I'm..................
24/7. No central heat. 6-8 cords firewood from the woodlot /year. Low low tech: ATV with trailer, 3 saws, 2 electric splitters, a worn pulphook, peavy, climbing line for skidding, Fiskars 27, an old back getting older.

Bruno of NH

I'm not a Pats fan.
MY Giants for me.
But Bob Kraft is the best owner in all of sports,he does a lot behind the scenes .
I would like to meet him.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Pulphook

Raider Bill

Brad_bb

Football is boring.  Go mill some wood!
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

GAB

Quote from: Brad_bb on January 30, 2019, 08:03:44 PM
Football is boring.  Go mill some wood!
Starting an engine in this cold weather is an abuse of machinery and I will refrain from doing it.
I suspect that it might also shorten engine life.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

sawguy21

Who cares about the game, it's an excuse for a party in the warm living room. Bring on the beer and don't ferget the chips and dip.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

bags

A gronk is a hand someone can get in the card game of fizzbin--- but only on Thursday--- and if theres a full moon on Tuesday. Some of the older folks will only understand.

gump

OMG.. Not much of a football crowd here!  Go Pats!! Is it time to warm up the duck boats in Boston yet?? I think it will be a closer game than most people think. Belechick is a genius and will come up with a good game plan. Enter all the Pats haters now.... who ironically are always silent after the win!! LOL.

Old Greenhorn

Sorry, I don't watch basketball, too much stuff to do. But you guys enjoy the game, I hope your favorite team comes in at least in second place.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

olcowhand

Re: Superbowl LIII--Who Wins?

I'll be another "Grinch"- "Who Cares"?

Let me know who doesn't find a way using this over- paid platform to protest or insult our Country, and I'll root for him to hit a Home Run......
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

reelman65

Ditto... no sportsball for me either......
75 Acres of hardwoods that i want to try to optimize for HW growth, health and habitat. Also interested in creating a few small stands of fruit/nut trees and sample of different native species

Banjo picker

The winner will be: CBS selling commercial time at about $175,000.00 a second.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

low_48

Who wins? The TV network and the city of Atlanta. Couple of thousand dollars per ticket, times 75,000 seats. About $5 million dollars for a 30 second commercial spot. Pure stupidity in my mind! 

scgargoyle

Wow- tough room! I'm not that interested this year, but being from CT, I'll pull for the Pats. Mostly it's an excuse to fire up the smoker and eat some unhealthy food. Hopefully, there will be enough clever ads to make it worth watching.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Thank You Sponsors!