iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Suggestions for native species

Started by RetCavSc, April 22, 2019, 05:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RetCavSc

So after reading some posts on here about maples and other trees I am glad I put the brakes on ordering trees from the arbor day foundation for my area. I live in Kentucky, Louisville is the nearest major city. The selection they are offering consists of quite a few maples. Now I can also get the flowering trees to help start off, as this will not be the only trees I plan on planting. 

I do want to bring in some long growth trees that I will not benefit from in my lifetime in other parts of the property. 

Should I go ahead and just get that ten pack from them to start filling in around the house? Heck, I actually do not know where to plant them so that might not truly be a good idea either. 

I wish Google sky would go over the house soon for a more accurate photo so I can plan better .

Don P

It's pretty late for planting this year but here is your state DOF's nursery list;
https://eec.ky.gov/Natural-Resources/Forestry/state-nuseries-and-tree-seedlings/Pages/Seedling-Descriptions-and-Fact-Sheets.aspx
This time of year our local DOF is trying to empty out and shut down the tree coolers, sometimes there are extras or trees that didn't get picked up, might be worth contacting them if you want to put something in the ground this year.

RetCavSc

Quote from: Don P on April 23, 2019, 06:13:46 AM
It's pretty late for planting this year but here is your state DOF's nursery list;
https://eec.ky.gov/Natural-Resources/Forestry/state-nuseries-and-tree-seedlings/Pages/Seedling-Descriptions-and-Fact-Sheets.aspx
This time of year our local DOF is trying to empty out and shut down the tree coolers, sometimes there are extras or trees that didn't get picked up, might be worth contacting them if you want to put something in the ground this year.
Thank you very much. You mention that it's late for planting, my kid's school has saplings for sale. Now with information distribution from a teenager this could have been from months ago. 

Thank You Sponsors!