iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Classic Cars

Started by Magicman, October 28, 2014, 08:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Trucks or Hot Rods.

I have owned several that were, but life always got in my way.  A '68, '73' & '84 Bronco.   

And then there was that '59 Pink Edsel Convertible.

Surely there are many among our FF members.  How about sharing the pictures. 

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Autocar

I am a truck man myself ,I sure would like one of those trucks that have the roof chopped with a big smoking diesel  :D.
Bill

Jeff

Here is mine. It is a 1965 Thunderbird with a 300hp 390.
I was seriously considering selling it this year as intellectually it made no sense for me to have it. Its a problem to store, the money it is worth could go to much more useful projects that I don't have money for. In the end, I kept it. Why? Simply because it makes me happy. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

yukon cornelius

here is our 73 ford maverick grabber. 3 years to complete. stripped to bare nothing and rebuilt. drove it about 10 miles and sold it this spring. that was its purpose from the start. but it was a fun 10 miles! next, I hope is my 65 chevy sportvan.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

fishpharmer

Good looking cars!

Jeff, don't sell that car!  You need to keep it until I can afford to buy it  8). That's likely a very long time from now. :(

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

slider

I don't have digital pix but I owned a 68 big block vet for 20 years.I replaced the interior,brakes,calipers,heads and new tires.Then I dropped 3500 on a house of color paint job.The car was killer but I just did not drive it.I finally sold it back to the same man I bought it from.I took the mony and paid off my LT 70.I drive it much more.
al glenn

21incher

What are called classics are the cars I drove when I was growing up. Here is a pic of the first classic I purchased years ago. It was a 1932 Chevy that I stared at for ten years and finally realized it was to much work and sold it.

Then when I turned 40 I picked up the paper and found a 1985 Corvette with 30,000 miles that I purchased to cure the getting old syndrome. For some reason a red car with loud mufflers caused me to get pulled over way to many times so I parked it in my garage for the last 18 years.

Then I purchased a grandma's car. a 1966 Biscayne that was brought in from Arizonia with 42,000 miles. There is not 1 spot of rust on it, but all the Rubber was cooked and there was very little paint left on it. No one will pull you over with this one.

But for the last several years they just sit in my garage waiting to be driven again.

Actually I recently pulled the 283 out of the Biscayne and will someday be replacing it with a 350 zz crate engine and overdrive transmission plus switching over to disc brakes. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

bigred1951

mine is my profile pic. 1951 gmc 2 ton 14 ft flatbed. 270 straight six, 5 speed 2 speed rear. My papaw bought it off my stepdad when i was little then gave it to me. Its been sitting for a few years tho but ive been slowly working to get it going again. About 5 or 6 years ago i spent $700 for a new radiator for it. The brakes was rebuilt when papaw got it but im sure they need some work now. It use to be a fire truck in its previous life

Banjo picker

1960 Willys wagon...this was the first...now have 3 wagons and 1 pickup 
Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WmFritz

This is a fun thread...
I'm liking all the pictures ( I'd love to have that Willy's, Banjo).

Jeff, I waste a lot of money on stuff for fun. If I didn't, my bank account would look nicer, but my mental health... not so much. And if Poston shows up here claiming he owns an 'old Goat', I'll eat a big bowl of grits!  :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sprucebunny

I love the classic cars and trucks. Had a 1950 Chev 5 window pickup, a 1964 Triumph Spitfire car.
Currently have my $ sunk into a vehicle that can't roam the streets but is useful in the woods:

1955? Bombardier J5 and a couple other Bombardiers.
I took them to a "Hug-a-Truck", other than that, they are hard to show off  ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

petefrom bearswamp

Sold my wife's 50 GMC PU nicely tricked out  with small block Chev auto trans positaction rear ,captains chairs and lots of other small goodies.
sold it in August and am still kicking myself.
Had the sucker 8 years.
Unfortunately dont have pics as I cant stand the pain.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

petefrom bearswamp

Sprucebunny, rode a couple of J5s back in 72 in Newf chasing moose .
Incredible machines.
Threw a track 5 miles from camp and put it back on with a screwdriver a pair of vise grips and a spruce pole to pry it on.
Good thing we had a couple of farm boys on the trip as the guides had no Idea how to get it back on
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

That J5 looks like a fun machine.  Was it's principal design for snow pushing or transportation?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I've never had an old classic but I will stop and look at one when I see it.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

uler3161

Moms '71 roadrunner. I did the restoration back when I was in college. 383/auto. And I did the restoration on the blue Dodge pickup and Green dart you see in the background, though they didn't turn out as nice as this one.

1989 LT40HD, WoodMaster 718

Dan

WmFritz

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 28, 2014, 08:00:00 PM
I've never had an old classic but I will stop and look at one when I see it.

I'm happy to see ewes wearing your bell.
Wouldn't want chew sneaking up behind me.   ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sprucebunny

The J5s were made for working in the woods and pushing snow.
I'm told the city of Boston owned 30 of them for clearing sidewalks. They would have had V plows.
Some of them came with a trailer for hauling 4 foot wood.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Leigh Family Farm

For a couple of years I owned a 1969 Ford Mustang. Red with white vinyl top, 302, Holley 4 barrel 650 CFM carb, K&N oversized intake, 2 1/2" GT conversion kit. Man could I wake the neighbors!

(I'm at work...shh don't tell anyone...I'll get a picture up tonight)
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

oros35

1971 Nova
Mildly built 350, Muncie 4spd, Ford 9" rear, custom suspension.
Got it when I was 16.  Should have went to the scrap yard it was such a rust pile.  Many years and dollars later.... It's still a work in progress! 

The pictures were from a few weeks ago.  Giving it some exercise at the autocross track, was the Wounded Warrior Benefit event. 
This is the first year they (SCCA) made a class just for old muscle.  CAM-Classic American Muscle.  I was the only one in that class. 
It's fun to try to make a car do what it was never meant to do!

moosehunter

I had a 71 Ford Ranchero with a factory 429 SCJ, Holly 4 bbl and four speed. Hide-away headlamps and no glare hood. It was very rare, wish I knew what it would be worth today!! It would pass anything but a gas station!!. Traded it for a 1972 Nova SS that I flat blew away and the guy had to trade me!! Saved a lot of gas and it would still go way faster than I needed to go ;D

Not mine but this is what mine looked like.
The SS was blue and we painted a "Starsky & Hutch" white stripe on it when we were attending the local vocational school.
I think I have told about my "Johnny Cash" truck before. I'll try to find a pic. 1970 Mercury 390, bored to 396. 1979 F150 cab, 1974 box, 1974 4x4 frame, 1987 Chrysler New Yorker power bucket seats, Holly Pro-jection fuel injection, custom built fuel tank, 1977 1/2 front axle ( heavier than the '74). Red with two tone blue ZZ top stripes.
Great thread!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Magicman

I had forgotten about the '60 model Chevy El Camino, and the '64 Ford Galaxy 500 two door HT.  Wonder where they are today?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on October 29, 2014, 09:15:18 PM
I had forgotten about the '60 model Chevy El Camino, and the '64 Ford Galaxy 500 two door HT.  Wonder where they are today?

My very first car was a 1968 Galaxy 500.

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red on October 29, 2014, 09:38:09 PM
390 ?

I think it was a 296......would that be right? It was not a 390.

Thank You Sponsors!