iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just another day in Paradise

Started by PAmizerman, July 18, 2018, 11:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

But they go for a pretty penny usually.  I actually scooped one up yesterday at a decent price.  1991 Lull 644.  She needs a little TLC but overall a decent machine and it will serve me well.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

PAmizerman

Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Crusarius

yea. the ones I keep seeing start about 23k. I can't justify that. I think I will get a 3.5 ton mini excavator. it will be more versatile for me. I already have 28 hp Kubota with loader so that works ok. just need to build a grapple for it.

PAmizerman

All the walls aren't even up and there's already stuff hanging on the walls :D

It was kinda slow going today. I left all my wood piles uncovered last night and then got snow/rain/ice last night. Then it warmed up a little and made a really muddy mess. Sorry no progress pics today. it was snowing pretty good when I quit for the day.

Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

Southside

Quote from: PAmizerman on November 13, 2018, 07:51:39 PM
Congrats Southside!!
Got any pics?
Here is one from where she was sitting.  Same style as yours with the main carriage that slides as the first stage of the boom.  It does have the tilt head so I am going to make or find a grapple for it and use that hydraulic feature to keep from chasing logs around.  Needs a tire, foam filled of course, but other than that it's just some small stuff here and there to deal with.  5,xxx hours so for the age not bad at all.  

JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Southside

Well that did't work!!  >:( I will get some when she shows up in a day or so.  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

PAmizerman

That sliding carriage is handy. 
Telehandlers can be tricky to scoop logs off the ground with. I want to get a farma grapple to use on mine eventually.
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

PAmizerman

Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

Magicman

Dat's gonna be a sharp looking sharpening shed.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Looks good for sure.  PA here is my new lift. Changed the filters today - boy that woke her up for sure!! 

I think I am going to re-plumb the joysticks so the boom up down and fork tilt are on the same stick, and cariage out / squirt boom are on the other stick. Not sure why they were not set that way to begin with. 

JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

sumday

Southside, in my experience with them you want to be able to raise/lower and boom in/out at the same time in many situations. Hence them being on the same stick. Allows smoother operation.
But if some other configuration works better for you, give it a try.

thecfarm

Looks like that will be a handy machine to have around.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

PAmizerman

Thanks MM. I'm actually using up a bunch of lumber that I've had laying around that was not that great of quality that I wouldn't sell to customers but hated to just pitch it.

Southside 
You will love the new machine.
Thats how my machine is plumbed. I have found it handy to be able to boom in and down or vise a versa at the same time.
What is the lift capacity on that one?
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

Southside

6,000 lbs when pulled in, 1,500 when fully extended with the carriage all the way forward.  She actually paid for herself today.  

This morning I could not find a first calf heifer that never ventures far so I went looking for her, we have had so much rain this year and even more lately.  Well that gal found a new spring hole that I have walked over many times in wet conditions and never had a problem, she was sunk to her neck.  I went to check on her and on her left side I could stand on the surface while sinking in maybe a few inches, walked to the other side and WHAM, I went down to my waist with one leg, complete liquification of the ground.  My excavator might have been able to reach in that far, but getting it down there would have been an issue and I don't think she would have made it between some trees so I would have had to deal with that and I didn't have time to waste.  So I went and grabbed the Lull, drove it right between the trees and up to what I knew was solid ground, extended the carriage and boom most of the way out there, grabbed a couple 4" straps and made a sling around the poor girl, had to get into the mud up to my chest to make it happen but she was very cooperative.  Took a couple of lift and withdraw the boom moves along with re-adjusting the sling but I got her up onto solid ground.  I do have an "Upsy Daisy" but there was no way to get that on her as deep as she was.  After a minute of letting her stand there I un did the harness and she slowly walked out of there and went right to grazing, been walking and eating all day ever since so I think she is fine.  I did throw a horse blanket on her to help keep her warm, the mud is not our normal red clay, more of a blue marine type clay and it forms like concrete on you, had to pressure wash my clothes after to get it off enough to throw in the washer.  Of course with all the jigging and moving back and forth to get the machine into place in the beginning I had broken the ground surface so now the Lull was stuck.  Called a buddy who came over and we brought my Franklin skidder down there, 40,000 lb winch made short work of that problem.  I guess that's one way to find out the real world capabilities of a machine, not that I want to do that again mind you, but yes worth every penny already.  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

PAmizerman

Very handy in deed. Mine has the same lift capacity listed but I have a feeling it will lift more. 

We had a calf born last week as well. No Lull needed yet though :D. It has been exceptionally wet here this year too.
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

Southside

I have another one in the calving shed at the moment, need to go and check on her again shortly, I kept looking over at her during the ordeal thinking she was going to calf right then and there on me in the middle of it.  At least she is not a heifer, this will be her 4th calf and she milks heavy for a Jersey on just grass, her bag is way out there right now.  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

PAmizerman

More progress on the shed. 
The outside is done. I started on the inside and got started on setting up the equipment.

Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

sumday

PAmizerman

The shed is done and I got some blades sharpened. I  still need to tweak a few things but all in all I'm impressed. I was kinda expecting to have some trouble right off the bat but the blades cut very well. I am happy 8)
Here's a video of my finished shed.

Woodmizer Sharpening equipment - YouTube
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

PAmizerman

Playing catch up now. I took off between Christmas and New year's. I've got over 7000 feet of orders to fill. I got a good jump on it this week. 

Here's part of it.

it's been unseasonably warm here. Lots of mud and rain. It seems it will never quit ::). I sure hope it freezes soon. I need mo logs.
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

Crusarius

times like this a mini excavator with long reach would be great. Park it in one spot and stretch to reach everything. or enjoy the flotation of the tracks.

Either way I am sick of this mud. I really wish it would either dry up or freeze.

Only think that kept me from completely burying the tractor was the belly pan.

btw, shed looks great. I really need something like that. even if its just a place to park stuff to open up the rest of the shop.

terrifictimbersllc

Nice little blade shop.  Looks like you got the blade on the outside of the 3rd guide, it will keep going forever like that, no doubt you found out, if not better go check it :D :D :D  
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

petefrom bearswamp

Great lookin sharpening setup.
I have retired my old drag sharpener and now use resharp but if were 20 yrs younger I would do something similar to your operation.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

PAmizerman

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on January 07, 2019, 07:52:46 AM
Nice little blade shop.  Looks like you got the blade on the outside of the 3rd guide, it will keep going forever like that, no doubt you found out, if not better go check it :D :D :D  
Not sure what you are referring to? 
I had the magnet on and it stopped when it was supposed to.
I like having all that extra space now.
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

terrifictimbersllc

I thought  it looked like the blade was outside the vertical pin on the third guide, the guide on the right, rather than between the pin and the roller. Many times I've done this, the magnet catches on the pin. and the blade  keeps going round and round. 😹
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!