iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood palett stacking and transportation method

Started by Quebecnewf, April 07, 2018, 05:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

I saw on this site at one time a pic of a arch that one towed behind atv or tractor . This arch allowed you to back up to a palett of fire wood then with a hand winch you lifted the palett of the ground and you could tow the full palett behind your atv . Did some searching but can't find the thread anymore

Anyone remember seeing this?

Quebecnewf

breederman

I think it was kbeitz that built it if i remember right. 
Together we got this !

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Gary Davis

Quebecnewf

Will only work if attached to lift on tractor I guess?

Quebecnewf

waynorthmountie

You could build it like kbeitz just have a jack on the front to raise up your attachment point to.hook onto a truck 

Quebecnewf

Quote from: waynorthmountie on April 08, 2018, 03:33:02 AM
You could build it like kbeitz just have a jack on the front to raise up your attachment point to.hook onto a truck
Was mulling that over in my head last night. Was thinking some kind of pry lever might work as well

Quebecnewf

Another option would be to move the wheels ahead so it's more balenced . Then you could attach it just by hand 

Quebecnewf

Hilltop366

How about a double frame with a hydraulic jack and a set of forks near the hitch and a set of wheels on the sides back far enough to keep weight on the hitch?

Kind of like a pallet jack except with wheels on the side.

Kbeitz

I lower the hitch and back into the box. The two little forks goes under the front of the box. Then I use the 3 point to lift that side up. The boat winch lifts the back.  I needed this because my biggest tractor could not lift my boxes when full. When I get my new skid steer finished I probley won't be needing this unit. An average seasoned cord of hardwood weighs more than 2 tons!!  My box holds 1/2 a cord. 
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!