iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland mills HM 126

Started by 60lp, December 21, 2013, 11:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60lp

Hello folks I'd like first say my name is Bill Long I'm 25 miles south of Knoxville Tennessee I'm getting g ready to purchase aWoodland mills HM 126 if anyone out here would consider to let come see their mill in operation I am willing to travel a 150 mile radius of my home if you have any info or help I would gladly appreciate it my email is johndeere60lp@yahoo.com or phone me or text at 865-805-1891 thanks again for your time and GOD Bless Bill Long Friendsville Tennessee

Tom the Sawyer

Can't help with your request but welcome to the Forum Bill,

smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

sandhills

Welcome 60lp, sorry but not any help either, would like to see a picture or two of that 60lp though  ;)

Jimmy Mc

Welcome 60lp, I am new also. You have come to the right place to get help and learn a lot about your mill and running a mill of any kind.
Jimmy
Jimmy McIntosh, HF band mill

Red Good

Welcome to the forum Bill , lots of reading to do and anyone will help you . Red
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

mad murdock

Welcome 601p. Merry Christmas as well. Good luck on your adventure. Milling is a lot of fun!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Andy White

60lp,   Welcome to the Forestry Forum. Sounds like you are ready to have a Merry Christmas with your new mill! I've had my Woodland Mill for a year now, and have had a great time learning and sawing. It has done everything I've attempted with it. I have found that after the basic setup, and adjustments, the key to good results is having the right support equipment for the job. Log handling, waste disposal, and lumber storage are the biggest hurdles to overcome. Just check this forum for older threads on any subject you have, and you will find an answer. There will be someone on here that will know! Good luck, and stay safe.    Andy    PS   We like pictures!!!

Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

coalsmok

bandmiller2

Welcome mate,I hope you have a loader for that  JD 60 you will need it. I have a JD 45w loader on my 60 and it handles any log I want to mess with,removed the bucket and have forks.My buddy had a 620lp we rebuilt it never saw a deere that will pull like a propane.Start milling slow and one of your first projects should be a mill shed. Good luck. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

justallan1

Welcome to the forum, Bill.
If you haven't used the search box at the top already, I'd start there. There are bunches of posts about the HM 126.
Merry Christmas and have fun.

Allan

chickenchaser

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Bill.

One big plus: After you get the mill up and running, you can come in cold and tired...sit down with a hot drink and relax here with friends.  8)

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

JD 3720 w/loader. 1983 Chevrolet C30 dump. 1973 Ford F600 w/stickloader. 35,000 chickens.

chickenchaser

Andy,

When I saw your first pic, I thought you had the idea setup! I thought the mill was on your front porch!  :D

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

JD 3720 w/loader. 1983 Chevrolet C30 dump. 1973 Ford F600 w/stickloader. 35,000 chickens.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, 60lp.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

slider

Welcome aboard Bill.There are several members up near you.Maybe not woodland owners but still sawyers that could give you some good advice.
al glenn

thecfarm

60lp,welcome to the forum. What's all the lumber going to be used for? Ever been around a sawmill? Probably will need a cantdog or a peavey? Logrite is a sponsor on the left. They will help you decide on if you need a cantdog or a peavey. Enter the Christmas contest on the top of the page and you might win one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Howdy Bill, congrats on getting a mill, I hope all goes well in your endeavor,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

60lp

I've yet had anyone to contact me with a mill but I've yet to give up it's ok i know everyone is busy someway or another I know all about busy I work at local utility also farm ,volunteer fireman work on and sell two-cylinder John Deere tractors I also have a backhoe and bobcat and give my thanks to JESUS CHRIST  for my well being thank you everyone for the support

Thank You Sponsors!