iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello a long time mill worker joining you

Started by Escavader, February 03, 2014, 08:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Escavader

Hi  My name is Alan .iam a 30 year veteran  lumber mill worker from
Hammond lumber in Belgrade Maine  I run the planer mill operations (and a planer nut)and oversee the kilns too our planer is a Yates a20 with top and bottom profilers we have a destacker. Multisaw trimmer Newman feed table , hydraulic joystick feed controls and a stacking machine There isn't very many patterns we don't do , I have at least100 heads and profiles(which I sharpen )
  Our kilns are some older Nyles dehumidification kilns .we have 4 total each drys 15000 to 18000 bf each batch yep that's a lot of white pine juice I use a Wagner wand tester think it's an l22 it's god around here! Currently we are tearing down our chambers and rebuilding them new
   I also have a log cabin corner machine (yes we mill cabins to) we make false log corners , we have a baker rye saw we make clapboards wavy edge siding etc on(we use woodmizer blades)I also have just made a machine that makes multiple lathes in one pass 
  don Lewis told me about this site I'm here to learn and share

Alan Bickford
Hammond lumber company/Yates American A20 planer with dbl profilers Newman feed table multiple saw trimmer destacker automatic stacking machine Baker resaw MS log corner machine  4 large capacity Nyles dehumidification kilns JCB 8000 lb forklifts woodmizer lt 15 and mp100 and blower

Bill Gaiche

Welcome aboard. Great to have another person to help us guys that have those questions about wood now and again. Sounds like you have a very busy place to work at. bg

thecfarm

Escavader,welcome to the forum. All the lumber came from Hammond Lumber in Belgrade for my house. I just have a stick built home.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Escavader

Holy cow I'm from chesterville archer road!!!
Alan Bickford
Hammond lumber company/Yates American A20 planer with dbl profilers Newman feed table multiple saw trimmer destacker automatic stacking machine Baker resaw MS log corner machine  4 large capacity Nyles dehumidification kilns JCB 8000 lb forklifts woodmizer lt 15 and mp100 and blower

Escavader

Quote from: Bill Gaiche on February 03, 2014, 08:12:30 PM
Welcome aboard. Great to have another person to help us guys that have those questions about wood now and again. Sounds like you have a very busy place to work at. bg
you ain't kidding I started we had 4 stores now 12 and sell all over the countrycanada and oversees!!i use vintage iron to but she's in great shape and does a better job then these million dollar machines others put in
Alan Bickford

thecfarm

Must know David than. He sells tractors for Karmer's. I'm just off the Ridge Road,Gordon Hill Road,just before the Chesterville/Fayette line.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Escavader

Quote from: thecfarm on February 03, 2014, 08:30:00 PM
Escavader,welcome to the forum. All the lumber came from Hammond Lumber in Belgrade for my house. I just have a stick built home.
i see you have a Thomas mill  great folk I have one of their log arches I use in my wood lots
Alan Bickford

Escavader

Quote from: thecfarm on February 03, 2014, 08:39:50 PM
Must know David than. He sells tractors for Karmer's. I'm just of the Ridge Road,Gordon Hill Road,just before the Chesterville/Fayette line.
david lives two houses up I've lived on the street all my life grew up with his kids
Alan Bickford

Escavader

I'm in the process of buying a second house it has a sawmill out back with an old lane in it been thinking I might fire her up the wood lot I just bought is mostly hardwood though a little spruce though can make a little dimension on it  I'm not sure what's there it use to have a Detroit running it guess I don't get enough of it on day job  ;D
Alan Bickford

thecfarm

Escavader

Quote from: thecfarm on February 03, 2014, 09:03:05 PM
the Lane in this area?
not too far I ain't pulled the trigger yet so it's hush for now it has a wooden carriages real old timer
Alan Bickford

Escavader

I sawed a little back years ago at a hardwood mill up north everything was automatic it'll be different good thing I got a cant dog!!!
Alan Bickford

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Escavader. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!