iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Long time reader-first time poster

Started by forester2009, March 05, 2014, 07:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungStump

Well I guess nows as good a time as any to come out of hiding and say hi to a fellow Pennsylvanian. I also run a LT70 sawing mostly lowgrade logs for pallet cants. I've been reading this forum for awhile and must say its the best most helpful forum I've seen. Thanks everyone look forward to interacting with y'all.  8)
Echo Enterprises 45HD2 production series band mill, Cook's Edger, sawing mostly pallet cants, rr ties, and grade lumber.

forester2009

Youngstump. How do you sell to clinch rite or Jacob weaver if you don't mind me asking
2006 WoodMizer lt70 Cat diesel Command Control,  Corley Two Blade edger, Case W7 wheelloader,  Old Hmc Debarker,  Cat Genset

drobertson

Howdy Mark, glad to see you signed in as well.  I have only ran one lt-70, electric, and have to say if I had it to do over I probably would have bought it rather than the 40 super,  hind site, 20/20.  I did not know enough about what I was getting into, or know about the forum back in 04'.  I am going to post a pic of the set up I was helping with, and hope it gives you another look at how this mill can be set up. I'm sure you have seen many, as I have. but for the 70, this is one clean, smooth way to go for production with these mills.  And as you mentioned and edger is quite important for upping the production.  Hope all goes well with your set up,   david

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

YoungStump

I actually work for JN Pallet in Conneautville I've worked there for years but we just recently got the Woodmizer (largely because of my saw milling interests) the company is owned by my dad and uncle so that helps! :) I am planning on selling my low grade boards to Jacob Weaver because we don't use them. What about you?
Echo Enterprises 45HD2 production series band mill, Cook's Edger, sawing mostly pallet cants, rr ties, and grade lumber.

forester2009

I sell my boards there two cants go somewhere else.  Who's blades do u use
2006 WoodMizer lt70 Cat diesel Command Control,  Corley Two Blade edger, Case W7 wheelloader,  Old Hmc Debarker,  Cat Genset

YoungStump

So far I've been using woodmizer mostly the Turbo 7 we don't have our own sharpening equipment yet. We've just had the mill since December so we're still in the process of getting everything setup for production, just got our edger on Monday.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

forester2009

YoungStump

Thank you thecfarm!

We went with Cook's portable with the 34 hp Perkins, electric would be nice everything else around the shop is 3 phase but we wanted to keep things portable for flexibility.

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum Forester2009 and YoungStump.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

SawyerBrown

Welcome stump! 

Almost don't feel worthy to post on this thread with all these big mills.   :o
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Magicman

Hello YoungStump, and Welcome from your hiding place.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dgdrls

Quote from: forester2009 on March 05, 2014, 08:43:23 PM
Ohio-Bill I enjoy following your post as well as all the other posts.  Did you get hammered with snow on monday?  I live just north of Pittsburgh and we didnt get a thing.

Welcome forester2009,
I have family working in Pittsburgh and
residing just north around Cranberry.

sounds like you have a nice start with a mill and loader.
where do you send your ties?

DGDrls

dgdrls

Quote from: YoungStump on March 06, 2014, 12:42:30 PM
Well I guess nows as good a time as any to come out of hiding and say hi to a fellow Pennsylvanian. I also run a LT70 sawing mostly lowgrade logs for pallet cants. I've been reading this forum for awhile and must say its the best most helpful forum I've seen. Thanks everyone look forward to interacting with y'all.  8)

Welcome to the FF, Youngstump :)

DGDrls

forester2009

DGDrls,  I send my ties to Stella-jones in dubois.

tcg

Welcome Mark from a fellow Pennsylvanian.
You'll find an incredible amount of information in this forum.  It is only matched by the members willingness to help that I have not found else where.

Tom

YoungStump

Thanks for the welcome guys.

SawyerBrown: No need to feel unworthy those smaller mills can be just as much fun as the bigger ones, I actually sawed out a shed and some other stuff on my uncles manual LT40 which got me thoroughly hooked on sawing!

Thank You Sponsors!