iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What equipment does everyone use? (merged)

Started by AdamChrap, January 18, 2006, 11:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamChrap

I was just wondering what equipment everyone uses?
I use:
60hp 2wd tractor with forks and 3 point skidding rig we made
Outlander Max Atv with Utility Trailer
Dad uses a stihl and I run a  Husqvarna
Have a case 850B with 4 in 1 bucket and backhoe but the torque converter went out in the fall

Will post pics tomorrow
When life gives you lemons........ Wait life gave me cherry, Lots of cherry!

AdamChrap

What do you all run for atv's?
I run an outlander Max 400 H.O. this puppy works! Mine is the max, that means it has an extended wheelbase for a second rider. Great for marking tress with 2 people (and my wife likes it, that helps sell it,  ;D) I run 26" ITP Mudlites, from what I have read, used and talked about with others these are by far the best mud tire you will find, and rides great on hard pack also.

Check out the pics
NOTE FROM ADMIN:

The Forestry Forum insists that photos used in ore refered to within threads on the forum must reside within the forestry forum gallery. There are instructions in the "behind the forum" board  :)

DoubleD

Hello I am Davide. I do a little firewood logging helping my father. I have an old 14 hp gas tractor and a Stihl 026. We hand load the wood. For firewood we prefer ash (Fraxinus excelsior), larch ( Larix decidua) and maple (Acer pseudoplatanus)
Wannabe a sawmiller

AdamChrap

Here is some pics of our stuff, not much but it does the job.
The dozer is a case 450 we barowed for some small work, ours is a 850.
The 8 ton wagon gear with a SMVS works great for the 1-1.5 miles to the mill!

Well I guess no photos for now I can't get it to work in the gallery and not allowed to link, to big and when i down size them the quality is so bad u can bareky see them

AdamChrap

Jeff

Way ta go on the pics Adam!  Thanks a bunch for the quick ejucation on posting! 

I'd love to saw some od dat der Cherry. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

AdamChrap

No prob, thanx alot. I love cherry:
It is just a nice wood
brings the best money
the branches and unusable stuff makes the best firewood in my opinion

Tom

Cherry makes some good flavoring too.  We use a little bit when cooking steaks. :)

AdamChrap

I have a smoker I like to do chicken in and last winters ice storm toke down one of my cherry trees (not wild cherry) behind the house. I have been useing it in my smoker, mmmmmm

Tom

You're going to fit in real good here.  :D :D

AdamChrap

I hope so!  smiley_thumbsup
I have lots of time right now to post wont be like that later, my dad and I own a lawncare biz so in the winter we get to do the fun stuff.
April is comeing! then it will be time to  smiley_whip

solodan

I love the smell of cherry.
I wish we had more of it out this way.  wheather it is wild or cultivated, it just really doesn't seem to get real big out here.  :-\
For cooking ,I like manzanita.

AdamChrap

got a pick of our 850b
gota rebuild the torq converter

Part_Timer

Adam

Nice pictures

The biggest equipment we have is a Yam. 350 4 wheeler and a 7000# car trailer.  We just built a small log arch for the truck and 4x4 and a headache rack with a winch mount for the trailer.  I'm following a thread that has a log loader that mounts to the back of the trailer that I'm going to try and build.  Basicaly we do everything by manual labor.   But man is it fun. :D

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

AdamChrap

sound like fun, I whould like to buil a arch for my ATV. For those tight spots.

D Martin

Both me an my nephiew built arches for our atvs. different designs alltogether. mine is a arch /utility his is like the novajack wich lifts the log as you pull forward. cost about 1/3 as buying one if you get the wheels and bearings at a junkyard builds quick too, not much to em. He bough smaller wheels an spindles from northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company, I used rear wheel bearings of a front wheel drive chevy with 14 in car tires.

Thank You Sponsors!