iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

reliable fun

Started by woodmills1, May 08, 2003, 04:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

I buy quite a bit of junky pine for very short money.  some logs are big lumps that I make into 1x12 for the local farmers, but some of it is straight but very small diameter.  With these logs I make 4x4 dunnage for a customer who runs a steel fabricating business.  for the last few days it has benn, put 3 logs in the loader arms then a pass at 8 1/2 turn 7 3/8 turn    6 1/4 turn 5 1/8 turn then squre it up a 4 inches.  Not setting the world on fire with production.  but there is this comforting feeling and some great fun feeling doing the same thing again and again.  Not to mention the value of the dunnage and the nice 1x6, 1x5, 1x4 and 1x3.  Now I need a customer who wants to make a fence. :D  8)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Rob

Hey James,

Glad to hear your having fun anyway thats all that counts..As far as Pine logs shoot me a email I may have some for sale cheap..

Rob.

Thank You Sponsors!