iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2016 Northeastern Forest Products Equipment Expo

Started by GAB, February 21, 2016, 07:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAB

While you are at it, you might consider contacting the forum's newest sponsor.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Jim_Rogers

I'll be in the greater Burlington, VT area on Thursday on other tool selling business. And therefore I'm staying over in South Burlington Thursday night so I can be on hand for Friday morning.

Is anyone interested in getting together on Thursday for supper?

Give me a PM or post here and we'll see if we can get together for a while in the evening.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

DeerMeadowFarm

Just an observation: I think Labonville misses a HUGE selling opportunity by not bringing a ton of their merchandise to these shows. Handing out catalogs and pens is nice but I overhear so many people wanting to buy stuff from them and it's all for display.

John Mc

I'll be at the W-M tent at 10:30. I don't have a Forestry Forum hat either.

Here's a scan of a Forestry Forum sticker, if anyone wants to pin on an identifying mark:

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

celliott

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on May 02, 2016, 12:40:53 PM
Quote from: 47sawdust on May 02, 2016, 10:00:53 AM
I'll be there on Friday wearing my Forestry Forum hat.....Wait a minute I don't have a Forestry Forum hat, ah nuts.

We won't hold that against you. (well we should but we won't).

You might need to bring some rain gear. Doesn't look good 20% chance of rain but 63° for temp.

Jim Rogers

Jim, that's an 80% chance it WON'T rain  ;)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

thecfarm

Labonville needs to open up some more stores.  I'm surprised thay don't have any in the Bangor,ME area.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jim_Rogers

If it does rain I hope only 20% of me get wet.

Jim Rogers

nhlogga

Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

GAB

Quote from: nhlogga on May 04, 2016, 05:48:20 PM
I will be there friday

Do you think you can make the 10:30 AM meeting @ the W-M tent.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

4x4American

If the weather is cruddy I might take a trip, if it's nice out I'll be sawing!  Just met Jeremy and the WM train to get parts, which was swell, looks like they have a 70 wide, a log splitter, edgers, I'm not sure what else I was drooling over the 70 wide lol
Boy, back in my day..

John Mc

Uh-oh, slow leak in my tire on the way up to the show.  Hoping I can still make the woodmiser tent by 10:30 to catch up to all of you.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Bruno of NH

At the show :)
A lot to look at :)
Meet Jim Rogers and Kevin from logrite
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

peterpaul

My brother and I were at the show today. Weather was great.  Ordered some bands from WM.  I didn't really meet up with anyone.   We stayed in South Burlington last night.  Lots of fond memories in Burlington, my youngest daughter went to college there.
Woodmizer LT15, Kubota 4330 GST, Wallenstein FX 85, Timberwolf TW6, homemade firewood conveyor

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jim_Rogers

I got lots of pictures.

I've got to resize them before I post them.

Jim Rogers

Jim_Rogers

Here are some:

Kevin from Logrite, Jim Rogers, GAB, Woodman picture taken by Mrs. GAB thanks to her.

Also there but not photographed was 47sawdust, Bruno of NH, JohnMc, DearMeadowFarm and most likely a few more that I have forgotten or didn't see.

Jim Rogers

4x4American

I like that slab table they built...bet ya could sell that for millions on the internet
Boy, back in my day..

Bruno of NH

Some pics from the show small ctl rig , small forwarder , and kubota skid steer with firewood processor .

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

logman81

Precision Firewood & Logging

celliott

I was looking at forwarding trailers. Asked about the Farmi's (they didn't have any for display) their top of the line profdrive trailer is pushing $100k! Then add your forestry package tractor! He said they don't sell many of those  :D
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Madtowner

It was a great day and a fun Expo.  While taking about the wide LT15, I then see my wife walking towards me with two metal bases for a bench.  She had been talking with Kevin from logrite.  She got the last two white bases.  She was for black but they sold out.  Looks like I will be cutting some slabs for benches. 
From Madawaska Maine and now living in Mass.
John Deere 5420,
WM LT 15.

Bruno of NH

I met Kevin at the show and I like the legs .
I'm going to try some when my slabs dry .
I would have got a logrite 4ft cant hook but did't see any .

Hiway40frank

Quote from: logman81 on May 07, 2016, 06:31:02 PM
That mini forwarder is 120k $$!

I liked that forwarder a lot, but was afraid to ask the price. Glad I did not. Hey if you gotta ask the price you cant afford it...

DeerMeadowFarm

Great time at the show! We really lucked out with the weather. I got to see Kevin again, and I finally met Jim Rogers. Those Logrite legs are awesome. I had held the belief that they would take away from the beauty of the slabs but they really complement them. Lots of French Canadians at the show this year, I got to practice my broken French!

I really think there is a missed market for smaller equipment. Massachusetts has a ton of woodlots, mostly privately held and not large in size. A small skidder, forwarder, etc. that could harvest or thin these small lots without needing a big skid road and being able to trailer behind a 1-ton truck would be pretty nice for a logger and landowner both. Those Vimek machines are made in Europe where they have already embraced the need for smaller machines. A guy in the U.S. either has to pay an arm and a leg for the European stuff or rebuild an old tree-farmer to get something in that size range here. Did anyone check out Mr. Collin's Workall? This is a perfect small machine. I feel bad for the guy; he's never sold one. His price is way too high, but if someone could get behind him, refine the design a bit to pretty it up, etc. I think that machine is winner!
http://www.workall.com/video.html

Thank You Sponsors!