iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Helping a Friend

Started by SW_IOWA_SAWYER, December 12, 2006, 10:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SW_IOWA_SAWYER

Since this is the season of giving I thought I would pass on something nice as opposed to the all the stuff you hear on TV,radio etc.

I worked in a groc. store as a kid years ago, I made many friends but lost touch with all of them. I cut basswood for a group of carvers and I carve a little myself, we meet once a week and carve. One of the guys that I carve with is a police officer and we were shooting the breeze and he mentioned a guy he worked with that was quite ill. I found out that this guy is a guy I worked with 30 years ago at that groc store. He was a few years older then me but always treated me as an equal and was always kind to me. The guy is just a real good, honest guy, with a wife, and four kids about the same age as mine. To make a long story short I wanted to help somehow so I made something so they can raffle it off and raise some money for his family.

The time we haveĀ  here is limited and my friends illness reminded me of that.
I was amazed of how the police officers take care of one of thier own.
I am thankful for the blessings God has given me and although I can't count on tommorow I will make ever effort to enjoy today.

Merry Christmas to you all.

I owe I owe so its off to work I go....

bedway

Ed

Excellent work and a very generous gesture.

Ed

metalspinner

Wow, that's a nice story and a generous offer from you. I hope your friend gets well soon.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

ely

really nice both the gesture and the item. is that sycamore or what kind of wood.

Tom

A good looking box and I can see that your heart is in it.

oakiemac

Beautiful story, beautiful chest.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

metalspinner

That looks like curly quartersawn oak??  There is a lot of stuff happening in those boards.  That sure is a beautiful chest.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

WDH

Outstanding.  You are a gentleman and an artist.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ed_K

Ed K

treenail

Nice work. Thanks for passing your good deed along to us.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 sawmill , Ford 4wd tractor,Grimm/Leader maple sugaring equipment, Ford F-350 12' flatbed truck

Thank You Sponsors!