iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Beartooth Pass Snow

Started by ozarkgem, June 04, 2016, 10:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

This is the view I had on the way to my summer home. The pic of the speedometer is showing 33 degrees. This was June 1. There were some snow banks that were over 20' tall but I couldn't get a pic of them as they were in a blind corner. I am escaping the summer heat. Rented my home out for the summer.

Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

dnalley

Not that I've seen that much of the world, but that drive has got to be one of my favorite places that I've ever been!  Thanks, dwight.

Bark Beetle

You don't work wood, you work with wood.

Magicman

Beartooth Pass is a favorite drive for us but where did you find a "blind corner".   :D :D  Thanks for the snow pictures.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ozarkgem

Quote from: Magicman on June 05, 2016, 07:53:02 AM
Beartooth Pass is a favorite drive for us but where did you find a "blind corner".   :D :D  Thanks for the snow pictures.
There was "one" near the top. ;D
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Magicman

;)  Yes, there is one near the top, and one almost to the top, and one just past the............   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Ozark,

Thanks for posting. its been awful hot here lately and I feel cooler just looking at your pictures.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

ozarkgem

Quote from: Magicman on June 05, 2016, 08:37:23 AM
;)  Yes, there is one near the top, and one almost to the top, and one just past the............   :D
Lynn
Not sure which direction you came over. My cabin is just past the bottom of the pass. 4 miles south of Red Lodge.

justallan1

I live in SE Montana and find it funny just how much of a different world it is from there.
One day I want to take a week or so and just see the parts of this beautiful state that I haven't.
Thanks for the pictures.

kderby

Killing Me!

I was there last week and the pass had opened for the year on the day before.  Then they had some wind and snow overnight.  We showed up at ten in the morning and sat at the gate until one in the afternoon.  Then we gave up.  The Montana side was open but Wyoming was not opening the gate.

I was trying to slip in a Yellowstone visit after a couple days north of Billings, MT. 

Thanks for the pictures.  Maybe I will make it over the pass....someday.

KDerby

Magicman

Quote from: ozarkgem on June 05, 2016, 09:31:12 AMNot sure which direction you came over. My cabin is just past the bottom of the pass. 4 miles south of Red Lodge.
It was a day trip from Cody so we were going North.  We left Red Lodge and circled back East and down through Greybull on our return trip.

Thank You Sponsors!