iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Magic meeting

Started by arnold113, May 23, 2015, 12:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arnold113

This lowly, poor country boy was honored with a visit from MagicMan and his bride yesterday. What a great couple of people they are, but then most of you already know that. We had a really nice visit and of course saw milling was the topic at hand. I just had to show them my band mill and get answers to all the questions that I could think of at the time.
MM, thanks for being the person that you are.
I took pictures but they didn't turn out (dumb phone, I'm agonna have to get me one of those smart phones someday).
What a great day.
Arnold
DIY band saw mill: four post, 25 HP gas engine, 32" x 18' portable, 24 vdc and hydraulic controls, pineywoods log turner, hyd log loader. RF remote controls for mill.  DIY set works.

shortlogger

A Magic meeting in the Ouachita's . Sounds like a movie title .
1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase . "NKJV"

Planman1954

They're making the rounds...I met him and his wife yesterday too! Somehow, I already knew their personality from all the posts through the years. He stopped by pineywoods, so I drove over and had a grand time visiting last evening. I commented how good it is to get to meet folks in person we have come to know through the forestry forum!  8)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Magicman

Yup, PatD and I were on a sorta business and fun trip to Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana during this past week.

We had an enjoyable visit with Arnold113 and was able to view his sawmill up close and personal.  Here Arnold is showing Pat the inside of his control box.  I think that she really wanted to give him some pointers??   ???

Then I got to see his "Johnny Cash" pickup.  Thanks Arnold for taking the time to show us around.

Next it was on to pineywoods place where Planman1954 and LeroyC came over for a visit.  We visited LeroyC's  Cypress sawing operation the  next morning.  He has quite an operation, but no pictures.

During this time Pat and Nelda were able to do some visiting. 

Did I mention that Pineywoods likes BBQ.   :)

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It would have been nice to see the Johnny Cash pickup.....but NO.....you had to stand right in front of it.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Sixacresand

It must be cold out West.  Everybody is wearing jackets.   It does me good to see folks visiting each other and having a good time.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

It was in the 50's several  mornings and down to 52° one morning.  Yikes!!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

That Johnny Cash pickup is a work of art. I've had a full tour. It's no garage queen either. Arnold usually drives it when he comes to my place...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

It's not all Ford either.  :D

arnold113

No, but its almost all American. I had to use a fuel tank out of an import but everything else is American made.
Arnold
DIY band saw mill: four post, 25 HP gas engine, 32" x 18' portable, 24 vdc and hydraulic controls, pineywoods log turner, hyd log loader. RF remote controls for mill.  DIY set works.

Magicman

We really need a pictorial documentary on that truck.   ;D

Thank You Sponsors!