iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

thomas bandsaw mill

Started by L. Wakefield, October 03, 2002, 07:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L. Wakefield

waal, I went to the Fryeburg fair today, and the Thomas Bandsaw mill company had a display- It was indoor and not running. First time I laid eyeballs on a bandsaw mill. I need to go see Millsy and have him put me to work for a day so I can get some orange in my blood.

There was also a slab bench that would have done any of you proud to see. The width had to be better than 2 feet and I'm betting it was 10 feet long anyway. About 3" thick and varnished very nicely. Interesting grain and knots. Could have been pine, I guess. Stain and dark varnish could make pine look like that. I did NOT pick up an end to find out.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Jeff

L, what the hell happened to your new digital camera? :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

L. Wakefield

I will admit it was in my backpack.. but it was full of pix and I would've had to delete and then get a buncha people to move- I'm 'shy'- no really I am (sometimes).. I kinda got over that for a little while going through the cattle barns where a cow was giving birth. She looked like she DIDN'T want an audience, thank you very much..

There were also a coupla old chain saws (OLD) and a variation of a saw that- again- if I'd moved people I could've taken a picture..it was a LOONG handsaw but mounted on a frame and a lever at one end that would ratchet it back and forth. I guess the frame let you dog it off to a tree or to a log. It looked interesting but not necessarily a great mechanical advantage. ::)    lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Thank You Sponsors!