iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timberjack center pins

Started by timberjackrob, November 19, 2010, 08:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjackrob

I need to replace the center pins and bushings in my 208tj and also cradle pins.Ihave never done this before do these have to be cut out or knocked out or what any advice on the best way to do this or any tricks you may have learned while doing thiswould be greatly appreciated my brother has a shop, torch and and all tools and jacks we need we have worrked on alot of farm equipment and dozers just wondering the best way to go about it                                                                thanks tjrob
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

MaineLogger

I would guess the 208 has a pin and self aligning bushing.You'll be able to tell better whats going on when you get it apart.You may only need shims or just pins and bushings or you might need some welding.Either way make sure you get it as tight as you can with the shims when you put it back together.
380 Timberjack (cable)
230E Timberjack (cable)
648G Grapple
Husky 372's

a old timberjack

yes they should have self aligning bushings. not to bad to work with. thats the kind my 225 has, as for the cradle pins, :( i did mine wen i had the motor out. those big pin nuts, to get in there u mite have to make a custom wrench to get in there. to get around the diff. can be done for sure. goot luck.
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

Ed_K

All I can say is make sure you do it on a concrete floor w/rolling floor jacks. after doing it in the woods once,never again.
Ed K

frndly neighborhd loger

cradle pins. take 2 long pieces of 3/4 all thread weld a nut on one end of each.take 2 of the bolts that hold the cradle to the diff out.1 out side front right and opposite left.put nuts and washers on each end on the bottom.then take the other bolts out leaving the allthread holding the cradle up then get the pin housing bolts out.and back the welded nut off lowering the cradle down the all thread to the ground were you can get at the pins .make sure you block the skidder up good to take the weight off the housing,the tires will help keeping the diff in position.when your done just tighten up the all threadup evenly and it will raise the cradle back into place slick ;)

Thank You Sponsors!