iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM Back stops

Started by sdunston, August 14, 2013, 08:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdunston

I think I have seen it before but can't seem to find it when I want it, Does Anybody have the template to add hyd back stops to the factory ones, the ones that weld to factory stops

Thanks Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

pineywoods

Here's a pic. I made a template when I did the hydraulics on my mill. I never throw anything away, but I do tend to forget where I put stuff. I'll keep looking. 

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Bibbyman

You should have two on your mill already.  The contour is the same as front and back, just welded on a different place.

Wood-Mizer sales upgrade kits.  But they won't fit older mills for some reason.

Look for Useful Sawmill mods for pictures and how to's.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

WoodenHead

What year is your LT28?  I swapped out two manual backstops for two hydraulic ones on my manual LT40 (2006) and had to remove (grind off) two pieces of pipe welded onto the main rail where the crank handle sits for the manual toe adjusters.  I found them to be in the way of the motion of the hydraulic backstops.  You may have to do the same for your LT28 if it is older than 2010.

If your LT28 is 2010 or newer, there is an upgrade kit you can buy for the LT40 manual mill (I believe it would fit on the LT28 as well) that would give you hydraulic loading arms, two hydraulic backstops, hydraulic claw turner, hydraulic pump, two valves and a bunch of other stuff to make it come together.  It's $4000 and all factory WM.  Not bad for what you are getting, but perhaps a lot of coin to throw out at once. When installed you end up with a mill that is a bit too heavy for its axle, but that's not much of a problem if you are stationary.

Bibbyman

Oops,  I didn't read the fine print that you have an LT28.  I just figured it was an HD mill with manual center back suports. To quote Rosana Rosanadana, "Never Mind".
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

sdunston

I ok guys, pineywoods to the resque........ 8)
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

Thank You Sponsors!