iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rain?

Started by macpower, June 04, 2012, 09:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macpower

Who in the NE is having water problems?
I got shut down this weekend with rain and rising rivers. Can't get to my mill, it's now on an island in the Abagadasset. Big tides today and a lot of rain, road washouts everywhere. Anyone else near drowning?
Purveyor of Stihl chain saws.
Thomas 6013 Band Mill, Kubota L3400DT, Fransgard V3004, 2 lazy horses and a red heeler

Fil-Dill

We are in one of the driest spring times, since 1954.
EZ boardwalk 40

macpower

Send me a bucket and I'll send it back full.
Purveyor of Stihl chain saws.
Thomas 6013 Band Mill, Kubota L3400DT, Fransgard V3004, 2 lazy horses and a red heeler

tyb525

We are having one of our driest times also.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Indiana Robinson

Quote from: tyb525 on June 04, 2012, 09:45:42 PM
We are having one of our driest times also.

Our part of Indiana (Shelbyville) keeps getting showers but it is spotty. One place will get 5 showers over a couple of weeks and 30 miles away they don't get any of them. We could use some rain here but stuff isn't hurting yet but it won't be long before it is that dry if we don't get another shower soon. Predicted rains for today turned out to be sprinkles.

Lifetime farmer.
Lifetime sawdust lover.
Old Tractor lover.
Have worn a lot of hats.
Once owned a Kasco mill that would saw a 30"x24' log. Now a new little LT-10 Woodmizer for my own lumber.
And yes, my woodshop is seriously infested with Shopsmiths.
Old geezer trying hard not to be one. :-)

Peter Drouin

Im sick of the rain. im glad I have a mill building so I can still cut :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

sprucebunny

Good weather to walk all over my land and look at drainage and the lack of.

Discovered that something that looks like a beaver dam can build it's self in an alder swamp.

I'm ready for better weather but not the bugs that come with it.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

bandmiller2

Looks like we have us a distrobution problem,the haves and the have nots.Just planted main crop corn this rain is welcome in mid yankeeville. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

laffs

The rain has me about shut down I cant do any logging  so i have nothing to mill. Not many other people logging either, pulp mills are full because of the lack of snow over the winter. Should be a buyers market for logs right now if you have a market for product.
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

Thank You Sponsors!