iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ebay

Started by Jeff, March 19, 2004, 04:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

WARNING!  IF YOU RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING DELETE IT!  IT IS NOT FROM EBAY!!!!  It is a SCAM!!!!!!!!!!

Replying to:

Dear eBay member,
We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your eBay account from a foreign IP address and we have reasons to believe that your account was used by a third party without your authorization. If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual login attempts may have been initiated by you.

The login attempt was made from:
IP address: 67.125.163.226
ISP Host: adsl-67-125-163-226.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net

By now, we used many techniques to verify the accuracy of the information our users provide us when they register on the Site. However, because user verification on the Internet is difficult, eBay cannot and does not confirm each user's purported identity. Thus, we have established an offline verification system o help you evaluate with who you are dealing with. The system is called ebay PowerSafe and it's the most secure eBay wallet so far.

If you are the rightful holder of the account, click on the link below, fill the form and then submit as we will verify your identity and register you to ebay PowerSafe.

Register with eBay PowerSafe

********(A CLICKABLE LINK WAS INSERTED HERE)**********

To make eBay.com the most secure site to place or bid on your auctions,every user will be registered to PowerSafe.

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to temporally suspend your account.

* Please do not respond to this e-mail as your reply will not be received.

Regards, eBay Inc.

Replies:      

Again, this is NOT from Ebay, It is a SCAM!!!!!!!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Norm

We average about one of those e-mails a week from a fake ebay or paypal. First time I got one about a year ago I called paypal direct and asked if they knew about this scam. I was told they were aware of it. When I asked if they wanted the true ip addy where it came from they said no. Gave me the impression they were less than vigilant about this stuff.

Mark M

etat

Sorry nope, not me.  However I wouldn't mind havin the guy working for me selling jobs!!!!! :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

etat

Sawyerfortyish

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D It hurts from laughing but hey it,s up over 5000  I'll wear a dress for 5000 ???

SwampDonkey

$17,100 now, are they buying a bus? Must be the poor sap that's modelling it. :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

OneWithWood

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last bid was $800,100.  Do you think someone hit one too many zeros?

:D :D :D :D :D :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

SwampDonkey

I'de have to suggest, 4 too many zeros :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

westpalm

try www.bid-alot.com its free to join and ya get 15 dollars to start ya ,,,its run by a friend of mine ,,, plus the commissions only 3% ,,,its worth a look ,,,he has live help so if ya wanna sell something and are stuck some one will help ya ,,,,and if it aint got its own catogery yet he'll make 1 for ya ,,,

Kevin_H.

I watched this guy on the today show this morning...At least he has a good sence of humor about all of this...

He did say that they had to start the bidding over because someone bid a million dollars...Well at least he almost got enough to cover the ring.  :D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

etat

On a more serious note, ebay email scam information..

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3404534/

Thank You Sponsors!