iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bartered My First Deal on "The Orange Blossom Special"

Started by Ruffneck, August 07, 2013, 01:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruffneck

My buddy wanted some wood to build a crib. I gave him some random boards and this is what he came up with:

"Buddy,

Well, the better part of the last two and a half days went into making a rocking 18x36" craddle.  We're real happy with the results. It has quarter-sawn Douglas fir and flat-sawn yellow? cedar, solid brass screws, formaldehyde-free poplar from BC with a finish made of bee's wax and orange oil. It was a fun project for us and hope the baby will rest well!

Steve - got some very rough (unplaned, cupped, cracked) 3/4"x10" cedar boards that cleaned up real nice! It's not red cedar, what is it? Yellow? Port Orford???? It's the cradle floor.  Quarter sawn fir was rather tough to work but has a lovely pink hue, very tough "winter" grain bands. Please get back to me about the cedar origin."

My understanding is Western Red Cedar. The boards have been stickered and stacked since 7/31/2012.

What did I get for the trade?

TP and other paper products:

8) 8) 8)

My Dad would be proud this is the first project his trees went to :)

nk14zp

Tell your buddy congrats on the new addition and real nice cradle.
Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

Magicman

That was a sweet deal for sure.  I always love to see what is made from my lumber.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Nice Cradle, very creative use of the different woods,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ruffneck

I like this picture more ;D

Novi came into the world 11/11/2013, one day before my birthday.
My mom told me the difference between a crib and a cradle. The more you know... ;D

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

cutterboy

Beautiful, just beautiful.... both the baby and the cradle.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Where's the cradle?  ;D  I bet you can sleep with a smile on your face tonight!

samandothers

Pretty baby, pretty crib, pretty wood.  Pretty neat!

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!