iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pants

Started by coxy, October 30, 2017, 10:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

has anyone tried the new wrangler no rip life time warranty pants I got a pair today I told the guy I would bring them back in a week ripped and they better have my size in stock  :D they are 45$ a pair I thought it was a good price considering the fleece lined ones are 50$ a pair and by the end of winter 10 pair is ready for oil rags in the shop   

Runningalucas

For the price range, I'll give'em a try; I'm sick to death of consumerism crap jeans that can't last more than a few weeks.  It's either rip, and tear, or horrible stains. 

I've actually for the most part gone to either used Goodwill pants, or wait for super sales where ever they may be.  Funny how the cost of most all things are through the roof, but wages have remained for the most part stagnant over the last 20+ years.
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

Ron Wenrich

Back in the '70s I had a pair of Can't Bust Em pants that I used for logging.  They lasted a long time, and at that time, they were made by Lee.  They were heavy duty denim and had buttons for the suspenders.  I heard Lee was trying to bring them back. 

Duluth Trading has pants made from fire hose material.  We had some pants like that that (Tom) we used for marking timber.  They were a heavy canvas.  Worked good when you got into areas of blackberry and the like. 

For around the mill, a leather apron really saves the pants.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

coxy

they are like carpenters pants to many pockets but the main front pockets are deep I like that but the other half is already complaining about how much extra saw dust will be in them  ::) 

Chuck White

I wear the Wrangler "Carpenter Pants"!

I've worn them for years and they last pretty well!

When I get done with a days sawing, I usually stick the air hose blower nozzle in each pocket and that gets most of the sawdust out!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Brad_bb

I've seen the ads for firehose pants etc. but I'm assuming they are heavy and stiff.  Blue jeans are usually too constricting if you're sweating at all in spring through fall.  So I always wear BDU pants (military battle dress Uniform).  They are loose fitting/comfortable and not hot,  and made of ripstop fabric.  So if you snag them, they will not easily continue.  I also use my sewing machine to repair them as needed.  The only time I need them is when the crotch is wearing thin and they finally give, I sew big patches in.  It takes a long time to get like this from my thighs rubbing together(bigger guy problem).  The only other time is when you get hooked on something, usually the front thigh and make a rip.  I just sew them right up on my machine.  I have 5 or 6 pair that have lasted 5 years of hard use.  I've been buying them from Propper.com.  Pay attention to the material type and weight as there are summer and winter weights, and ones that are more cotton or more poly, depending on your preference. 
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Brad_bb

Does anyone else have the problem of a lot of saw dust ending up in the washing machine and dryer.  I could keep a wood stove going with what I pull out of the lint trap.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

btulloh

Air shower with the air hose gets rid of most of the sawdust for me. 
HM126

Magicman

coxy, I have several pairs of those Wrangler "rip stop" pants.  Yes they are bullet proof, but I find them to be hot in the Summer and cold in the winter.   ???  Dunno why?   smiley_headscratch

Sawdust in the pockets is the main reason that I always wear a leather welders apron when sawing.  It protects my jeans and prevents the sawdust issue.   smiley_idea  Happy Wife....Happy Life.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bert

Sawdust in the washing machine will most likely be the death of me. :(
Saw you tomorrow!

Crusarius

Sawdust is not a problem. try steel chips :)

I have ruined a couple shirts from rusty pockets.

Bruno of NH

My wife doesn't like small drill bits and nails in the washing machine :)
She don't like the sawdust much either :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

dgdrls

As Brad_bb indicated.  Military rip-stop summer weight are great for hot weather.

I also Like the Key Logger jeans

and of-course a pair of Filson "Tin" pants

D

Kbeitz

My saw dust shoots out the back of my mill and has not been a problem.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

coxy

Quote from: Magicman on October 31, 2017, 09:18:26 AM
coxy, I have several pairs of those Wrangler "rip stop" pants.  Yes they are bullet proof, but I find them to be hot in the Summer and cold in the winter.   ???  Dunno why?   smiley_headscratch

Sawdust in the pockets is the main reason that I always wear a leather welders apron when sawing.  It protects my jeans and prevents the sawdust issue.   smiley_idea  Happy Wife....Happy Life.   :)
yesterday wasn't cold cold but I can see what you mean    I have a  thin pair long johns ill put on next time if its cool

Chuck White

It's getting to be that time of year, Coxy!    bon_fire
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

they are calling for snow tomorrow and Friday  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

bill m

Are you referring to the Riggs Wear made by Wrangler? I have been wearing nothing but them for about 15 years now. Unlined for the summer and flannel lined in winter. In that time I don't think I have wore out more than 5 pair.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Magicman

Yes, that is what I was referring to.  They do not seem to "breath" and down here they are hot in the Summer, but in the Summer I wear shorts anyway.  I have three pair and one shirt and I did not know that it was possible to wear them out.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

RPowers

Quote from: Magicman on November 02, 2017, 09:15:50 PM
Yes, that is what I was referring to.  They do not seem to "breath" and down here they are hot in the Summer, but in the Summer I wear shorts anyway.  I have three pair and one shirt and I did not know that it was possible to wear them out.   ;D

They are 100% cotton ripstop, MM. So they get wet and stay wet when it's hot out. There are both single-front and double-front versions, the "carpenter" style has the double front and is hotter. I've gone to them exclusively as they are way more confortable than the Carhartt heavy pants are, and last longer. Takes me about two years to wear holes through them too big to put up with.  ;D

RP
2013 Woodmizer LT28G25 (sold 2016)
2015 Woodmizer LT50HDD47

scsmith42

I have Riggs, Carharrt, Prison Blue's and Wild Ass from Bailey's (the latter two are the same).

Rigg's are great for doing carpentry work, but my daily wear are the double front Wild Ass logger pants from Bailey's.  They last much longer than the Carharrts and cost less too.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

bill m

Quote from: Magicman on November 02, 2017, 09:15:50 PM
  I have three pair and one shirt and I did not know that it was possible to wear them out.   ;D
I must clarify. I only wore out 3 pair, the other 2 succumbed to welding sparks. They do burn!
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Thank You Sponsors!