iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New printer today

Started by jim king, June 14, 2011, 03:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

I have been helping a person from Australia solve some problems and today he brought me this.  I didnĀ“t know they existed.  It is a high quality printer that takes a long time to run out of ink.  No more ink cartridges every couple of weeks.  The  thing about 4 inches tall that looks like little silos is the cartridge and hooked to the printer by a flat tube system.

pineywoods

I looked at those and bought a similar one. There is a downside. If you leave the unused for a couple of weeks, the ink dries out, usually clogging the print head. Just hope you don't have to buy a print head, DanG expensive. If you do a lot of printing on a regular basis, it might make sense.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

jim king

pineywoods :

I do a lot of printing so I should have no problem.  Just the neighbor kids home work is substantial. Thanks for the warning.

T Red

Whats the brand of that printer.  Or what do you call that type?

Tim
Tim

Raider Bill

I've never seen one of those. We print about 50-100 full color 8X10 pix a day here. I'd be curious how well they work and the cost to operate.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Brian_Rhoad

That is called a CIS or continuous ink system. They are available for many printers. It is an after market add on. Printer manufacturers don't sell them. Google CIS and you should find plenty of information on them. There are companies that sell printers with the system installed.

Here is a forum that has a lot of information on CIS and refilling ink cartridges.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

jim king

This one came to the house complete.  It is an Epson Stylus TX220

The fellow that brought it says he has made thousands of colored pages without buying more ink on his.  All I know so far is it does a nice job.

It is a scanner, printer and photo copy machine.

jim king

I can say that I am very pleased with the printer and the quality it produces.  Now that I understand it there is no question that the ink supply is an after market product and not part of the original machine. 

On the photo quality set and on photo paper the quality is excellent if you need that quality.  On regular paper it does as well or better than my Canon cartridge printer.

It also scans wood samples to a very good level of color correctness and prints them equally well.  I have no idea how many pages I have printed but the ink has dropped very little.

Thank You Sponsors!