iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is kind of tree is this?!

Started by Kacee, October 11, 2015, 09:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kacee

I just bought a new house in San Antonio and I'm curious what type of tree is in my backyard. I'm sure it's common, but I tried looking it up and none of the suggestions look correct. The singular red berries and leaves never seem to be a valid combination.

Any help would be much appreciated!

mesquite buckeye

Looks sort of mountain ashey to me. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Kacee

Thanks for your reply! ;D I'm not sure if it's a requirement or not, but the leaves on my tree aren't "spiky" like the pictures of Mountain Ash I just looked up.

mesquite buckeye

There are more than one species. Let's see what some of the others think. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

Could also be a Chinese pistache. Those are also grown here as ornamentals.

wdmn

I'd say MB got it the second time; Chinese pistache.

The bark is wrong for mountain ash (at least the species I know), and the leaflets would likely be serrated, and there would also be a terminal leaflet.

Ljohnsaw

If I saw an overall picture, I would probably think Chinese Pistache - they plant tons of them out here for center-of-road plantings.  One of the few trees out here that show spectacular fall color - orange, yellow and mostly red.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!