iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

51cub

It's been colder than a well drillers coveralls for about a week. Something like 16 days since it got to 32. Just about a foot of snow on the ground. There supposed to be a couple of days of good sugaring weather, then up to 50 on Friday
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

curdog

Should get down to low 20s tonight and then won't be below freezing for the rest of the week. After our cold,  mid 50s are going to be hot...

coxy

just went out and filled the owb thinking about turning the AC on its a hot +10 out haven't seen that number in weeks this late at night  8) come on Ray I don't look that bad  I know I look better in a bikini than MM toes in a bandage  ;D

Crusarius

yup, 20 out right now I just came in. It feels like a heat wave right now. This week is going to be murder breaking 30's maybe even into 40's.

SwampDonkey

12 F this morning before daylight.  :snowball: A dusting of snow in the night hours I see.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

We have 26° here this morning!   8)

Yesterday -32°, and today 26°,  we had a 58° swing in 24 hours!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Coxy,yea,I guess you are right.  ??? ???   ;D
I'm going to say 10 above,sounds better than 9,doncha think?  ::)  ;  ;D
Yes,we are heading for the 20's and through the week higher.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

Quote from: coxy on January 07, 2018, 09:19:52 PM
just went out and filled the owb thinking about turning the AC on its a hot +10 out haven't seen that number in weeks this late at night  8) come on Ray I don't look that bad  I know I look better in a bikini than MM toes in a bandage  ;D
Quote from: thecfarm on January 08, 2018, 06:59:58 AM
Coxy,yea,I guess you are right.  ??? ???   ;D
I'm going to say 10 above,sounds better than 9,doncha think?  ::)  ;  ;D
Yes,we are heading for the 20's and through the week higher.
:D :D meant to say     I WOULD look better  don't want you guys to get the wrong ideas about me   :D :D

SwampDonkey

I don't know what we are going to do with this big melt down this week. Some of us won't know how to behave.  ;D :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

coxy picture downloads has been disabled due to the weather.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodcutter_Mo

Yesterday we had freezing rain most of the day. The temp was just above freezing most of the day so there was only ice formation on some surfaces and a few slick patches on the roads. Last night it got up to about 37°F and today it's expected to stay around 40. Wednesday they are calling for 60°F for the high, the week overall is supposed to be fairly mild until Friday when it will go back to 20's for the highs and down to single digits for the lows some nights for a while.

I plan to get my furnace piped in and ready to use during this few days of warm weather.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Southside

Quote from: coxy on January 07, 2018, 07:21:20 PM
ill be ready to put on my bikini by Friday  +38 :o :D 8)

It's OK Cozy buddy, nobody here is judging you...  :D Not like a comment like that can earn a guy a nick name or anything.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

It's 15 out now,20 all day. Even might,I said might get above freezing tomorrow.

Darrel

Rain and more mud. No sun = no power, had to run the generator.  More rain and even more mud.  How come you'll in the south stole my winter and gave me your mud?   :)  should be cold enough to keep the mud frozen.  Easier to drive on snow and ice than mud. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

SwampDonkey

23F here this morning with some light snow falling. River effect, no wait that is frozen solid. :D

The old hermit got his points changed on the jeep and a new air compressor. :D

thecfarm

Almost bikini weather here.
22°

Chuck White

Yes it is, Ray, this morning we have 34°, up on the hot side of ZERO!   :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Don P

Icy rain yesterday, +1 the day before. I've got every window open this morning and am running around barefoot, woohoo, I'll take it 8)

SwampDonkey

35F here now, the glaciers retreat.  ;D Had 4" snow overnight.  :snowball:

chevytaHOE5674

Been near 30° the last two days although it was 9° this morning but it feels great outside. Been outside catching up on all the things that got neglected when it was -20.

SwampDonkey

We had about 3 of those surprise white out squalls with wind today so far, wait 10 minutes and the blue sky appears and the wind stops. I was thinking thunderstorms, but never heard any cracks. :D

thecfarm

Swampdonkey,I was looking for a rainbow a few times.  ;D

SwampDonkey

Number 4 going through as I type. :D

Al_Smith

Typical Ohio .Warming for the next few days then near zero by Sunday .Rain of course which is always nice in mid winter .Winter rain of course turns into ice which nobody in their right mind likes .

thecfarm

I have not seen this much melting going on since last May.  :D
I can remember growing up we always had a January thaw. It would warm up in the lower 30's for maybe 4-5- days. Than go back to winter.

Thank You Sponsors!