iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Can You Guess What This IS?

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, August 19, 2004, 06:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

the man who lost the teeth was a guy name of joe bean.  absolutely not any relation to 'judge roy bean'. i guess it  worked out pretty good for him because later he moved to california and stumbled upon some gold nuggets.  with these he had a set of gold teeth made by a dentist named of holliday.  afterwords it was said he moved to Australia looking for more gold.  i never did hear if he found any more but at least he had a set of gold teeth.  

you can blame that ole lawyer for the reason that northern folks haven't eaten enough grits to learn to like to eat them.  see, after he forced the company to go belly up there was a shortage of automatic grit making machinery so we southerners mostly kept our grits to ourself.  this left most  northerners never knowing what they were missing by not learning to eat grits from birth.  

be it know that i have 'tried' to relay the facts of this machine accurately.  i would be suprised if  weekend-sawyer doesn't try to initiate a cover up and come back and say this machine does entirely something else. ;D

i absolutely wouldn't blame him if he did.  considering the fact that once he gets this thing up and running he absolutely needs to keep the true nature of this machine secret until he produces enough grits to flood the market in the norther part of the hemisphere. otherwise someone else might try to corner the market.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

J_T

Ck reckon he would sell some stock ??? Since CFI went busted I been broke flater than a pancake at a steam roller convinchon :D :D
Jim Holloway

Kevin_H.

Hey CK, I can remember my family taking about the first set of gold teeth that my great great grampa doc ever did...Wonder if that was Mr. Bean's set...Haft see if I can look that up.

Kevin_Holliday

Coincidence or conspiracy

We report...You decide...
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Weekend_Sawyer

Well FDH got it real early but it was fun reading the replys

This is a 1901 Climax Road Machine Co Rock crusher.
take a look down it's gullet.

Cool huh, It is usually driven by a steam engine. It can be driven off of a belt pully from a tractor and we are going to try and belt it to a 20hp disel engine.

Our property in West Virginia is mostly rocks and the roads need LOTS of gravel. Enter the rock crusher. This should be a fun project.

WS
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Kevin_H.

1901 Climax Road Machine Rock crusher

1906 Kunooter Deflagulator Walnut crusher

Can you say patient infringment...

I bet if you dug real deep you would find out that they quit making the 1901 Climax Road Machine Rock crusher in or around 1926...

Hmm!!
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

etat

the pain, the pain..........how could  Weekend_Sawyer have used such cruel words to describe this machine ??? ??? ???

to think, that history could misdirect, to such a tragic event.

what a future the deflangulator kunooter motor might have had if only the company had not been  taken over by a robber baron such as that mean ole lawyer ???

to actually think that  even through the course of spite and resentment anyone could take a magnificent machine such as the aforementioned deflangulator kunooter motor which could crack  the most marvelous  walnuts and pecans before they went onto the wackerwagon to be sorted and shaken clean, such person could have inflicted so much pain and suffering on such a mighty machine.  

a machine that absolutely could have, and would have changed the face of a nation through the mass production of grits..  how would you, as a  true Southerner have felt if you  had 100 years of grits taken away.

and now for the past 100 years, and apparently beyond due to the actions of weekend-sawyer this magnificent machine, the  deflangulator kunooter motor will forever be known, and suffer the fate of just being a lowly rock crusher.  

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

etat

and besides that dad gum it i was right on the verge of forwarding stocks in what could have been the beginning of a new company to J_T.  

sorry about that  J_T. , i gave it my best.  

as a parting shot, above all remember these great words

QuoteCoincidence or conspiracy  

We report...You decide...

pappy

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Cedarman

I believe if they did get an extra grit making machine, they could pretty well flood the northern market with 3 or 4 big bags.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

etat

:D :D :D :D :D

you know, you're probably right, but it was worth it just for the laugh............... for me anyways 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Weekend_Sawyer

Here's a couple of pictures of our rock crusher at work.

Belted to a49' Farmall M

This guy makes Shrek look good. That's my brother chris with a 60lb solid concrete block. We have a LOT of these because dad figured if it's free it's worth paying for.

and it starts chewing

and chewing

and chewing

and finally

it sounds like someone REAL big chewing granola.
WS

Kirk_Allen

I WANT ONE ;D

REAL BAD ;D

That is cool.  What a treasure!

Fla._Deadheader

Better getcha some ear covers. Them DanG crushers is noisy. ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Weekend_Sawyer

And Eye covers, it tends to spit while it eats :D

Fla._Deadheader

Yep, forgot about that.  ;) :D :D  Jaw Crushers are pretty messy compared to roller crushers. ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Gilman

Back in college I visited a friends gravel crusher.  We'll next thing I know he's leading me up to the control booth.  His operator didn't show up.  My training consisted of, "here are the E-stops, but don't hit ANY of them." The control room was above and to the side main jaws. Got to watch it crush all day. It felt like I was riding around on dinosaur all day.

My pay for the day was a double cheese burger basket and a large Coke.

Have fun with your crusher Weekend Sawyer, but be careful.  Next thing you know you'll have a screen, then some roll crushers, then a hopper, then a dump truck...
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Tom

Furby

DanG, I NEED one of those for all the concrete from the old basement!
Be a LOT easier to get rid of in little pieces like that!!!!  ;) ;D

splitter

Weekend_Sawye, great looking rock crusher, I'm looking for one. If you don't mind me asking what happened to yours? Splitter

Slabs

A big, magnificent, beautiful piece of OLD IRON.  May it live forever!!!
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

logwalker

Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Weekend_Sawyer

I'm glad to see this one floated up to the top.
We still have it and like most of our projects it's about half done ;)

We still intend to finish it up but for now it has been overtaken by events.

It probably took 10 seconds for it to eat that block. That is about the biggest chunk it can take. Unfortunatley due to the wear of over 100 years of use and sitting outside it makes 2" gravel instead of 1". We need to make som shims to get it back to 1".

Thank You Sponsors!