iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rikon 10-326 14 inch Bandsaw on the way

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, March 07, 2018, 07:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Been wanting a bigger bandsaw to do resawing with for quite some time now and finally found one i really think will be an asset in the shop. I have other Rikon Tools and like them very much. I have their bench top lathe and have turned hundreds of items on it without any problem at all, everything from pent to Wood bowls. Also have their 10 inch diameter disk sander with belt sander. That sander is a real work horse. I sometimes have it running for over and hour at a time  non stop. I suspect this bandsaw will live up to my expectations  as well and it is backed by an almost unheard of 5 year warranty. At less than $950 delivered to my door its pretty hard to beat and will get a ton of use since i do a lot of resawing for our glue ups. Will post more pics and videos when i get it up and running.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

21incher

Good luck with it. It must be bandsaw month. 2 days ago I ordered a Laguna 18 BX for the 16 inch resaw capability. Still waiting for the ship date. I am still trying to decide on a good resaw blade. The resaw king looks nice but is very expensive. what resaw blade are you going to use? :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Not sure yet, will try a few and let you know. Maybe we can educate one another
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

We apparently i picked the right saw because Rikon sold out of them quickly. Next shipment is due in June. Not all bad, because in the process of tracking our new Rikon saw we were invited to become a new Rikon  power tool dealer. Working on paperwork now and our initial opening order for our store. Very excited to be new dealer and get new saw.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

21incher

That is great news. Rikon seems to sell well made tools at a low price point. I guess someday in the future we will see a Busy Beaver Lumber banner selling the Rikon Tools on here smiley_gossip. My saw made it to the local terminal yesterday and I have to wait till Friday for the tailgate service to drop it off.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

shinnlinger

Rikon supports my school program by selling us products at cost and they are good folks and easy too deal with.  That said, I am  not blown away by their performance.  Decent enough for a hobbyist but they simple don't hold up  to High School shop use/abuse like Delta/JET/Powermatic.
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Thank You Sponsors!