iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One more day, heating season over

Started by Wood Shed, April 29, 2018, 07:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wood Shed

Oct. 1st to May 1st and I am done burning wood for this season.  Now for the restocking of the wood shed begins.  Not going to kill myself at it either as need to spend time on other things too.  Would like to get most of it done before the bugs get bad (in about two weeks). 
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb

thecfarm

I'm still a heating. Looks like a few real warm days are coming,I will turn a few valves and just heat the hot water. I have turned off the heat in the basement. Not burning much wood at all now. Gives me a chance to burn some of the junk.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

J 5

Another 2 or 3 weeks  burning time here on average. The time of year when you have to bypass the core in the house  before going to work or you could come home to a sauna .
                                   J 5

Wood Shed

Should just be glad to have made it another season without a leak, twelve total now on my CB 6048.  Used barn lime this year instead of ashtrol and will continue next season.  
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb

jason.weir

I believe I just filled my CB for the last time this season - 15 years under it's belt with no backup.

Gonna be 35ish tonight but 80 on Wed & Thurs - then 65+ from them on.

8 months of filling it daily - twice daily for 3 weeks in Jan.  16+ cord gone.

4 months till we start on #16....  I can't wait..

ButchC

I shut the OWB down two weeks ago but have had a fire in the house until Saturday,done until fall. 
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

MAF143

Wood Shed,
I'm just a few miles west of you and I agree, it was a long winter heating, and I'm already about a third of the way ready for next year.  I have a bunch of locust tops and trims from the mill that I'm working on getting cut and split to dry through the summer.  When I run out of that, I'll go back to dropping more standing dead Ash trees to finish up filling the shed.
Always having a great day!
Husky 357 self ported, MS 250 MM, MS 362  MM, HM-126, Ferguson TO-35, '04 F-250 wood cuttin' truck, splitter, Woodland Mills Grindlux 4000 sharpener, Vogelzang Ponderosa keeping us warm

woodmills1

May 14, still burnin like it was maybe november
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

uplander

Wow! What will be your high temperature today? My last fire was about three weeks ago in southern Indiana but it was a full load of hickory burning hot.
Woodmizer lt40G28.  A kubota L4600 with loader and forks.
Various Stihl saws and not enough time to use them!
Finished my house finally. Completely sawn out on by band mill. It took me 7 years but was worth it. Hardest thing I have ever done.

J 5

Stopped firing last Tuesday, pumps were turned off yesterday, another season has come to an end. Gave the OWB a quick clean, a thorough ( climb in the furnace) cleaning will come later, never many volunteers for that job!
                                                   J 5 smiley_smash

thecfarm

As my other post,still heating. I did turn off the upstairs heat,but only a day here and there.  And than I turned it back on at night.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!