iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Mobile Dimensions project

Started by cwk266, December 09, 2018, 02:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwk266

I realized how much I liked my mobile dimensions mill as I watched it going down the driveway to its new home.Found a pile of parts that was supposedly a complete model 128 for a price I could afford.Put all the pieces together temporarily to see if it was all there and see what needed work.It was all there but in rough shape.Just had to make a bit of sawdust before taking it apart and starting the over winter project

richhiway

You have a nice shop. Keep us updated on the rebuild.
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

cwk266

Wondering if anyone would comment on paint versus powder coating?I have used endura paint in the past but not on a mill and it is definitely the brand to use if looking for a tough as nails paint.I have never had anything powder coated before.The tin on this mill will need to be coated and I probably should protect the frame as well.Interested which would be better durability as well as cost difference  

JRWoodchuck

Powder coating chips when in high wear locations. It's also pretty thick. I don't think I would use it in an abusive relationship...
Home built bandsaw mill still trying find the owners manual!

cwk266

Thanks for the input.Maybe thats why the Mrs came into the relationship with a real thick coat of endura :D

Thank You Sponsors!